Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Five months driving Tesla Model 3, using Auto Pilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been driving my Tesla Model 3 SR for 5 months now. I become familiar with the basic TACC and Auto Steer and use them effectively even when driving in city roads.
I also developed a reflex to take over control in certain conditions such as approaching traffic lights, cross streets, taking turns (left or right).
When the roads are straight and long, the turn ON TACC, the car run by itself at speed limit OR behind the car in front safely. I do not bother to change lane unless I really have too.
In the evening, I also turn on Auto Steer so the car keeps running in the middle of the lane, I do not have to worry about me swerving into the wrong lane.
When the traffic is heavy with cars all around, I simple drive it myself to be safe.
I feel very safe using TACC and Auto Steer features this way. It does make my driving on long roads easy and stress free.
Never intend to use FSD (don't want to spend 12K for it).

Reactions: zoomer0056
This only works for the first 3 months, after that, it no longer recognize red light and stop sign,
The first 2 days after 3 months, I had to do emergency break when coming to a red light. Then folks in this forum told me this feature is not part of the basic Auto Pilot.
I suspect that that would have been the FSD trial expiring. It definitely exists in FSD, I use it every day.

Reactions: zoomer0056