Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it’s kind of messed up now but imagine all of the various situations. Before today it would cost me $10k to add both EAP and FSD to my 2016 Model S. Today it says $11,000.:rolleyes: On my 3 which has EAP it says $3000 vs $5000 a couple days ago to add FSD. Too bad I caved in and bought EAP during a trial a couple months ago for $5500, but it was hard to guess when prices might fall.

I hope we all realize prices of these cars and add ons are likely to trend down. It sucks not to get the best deal but at this point I am much more concerned about Tesla’s survival than my getting the best deal. All of this price scrambling and store closing is a little worrisome.

Last edited:
Where did you see that?

See the last paragraph below
Link to update Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability
The Tesla Team March 1, 2019
All customers who bought a Tesla before yesterday’s price decrease will be able to buy the Autopilot or Full Self-Driving capability for half of what those features would normally cost after initial purchase.

Autopilot, which enables automatic steering, accelerating and braking, normally costs $4,000 after delivery and Full Self-Driving normally costs $7,000 after delivery. Full Self-Driving capability includes Navigate on Autopilot, Advanced Summon, Auto Lane Change, Autopark and, later this year, will recognize and respond to traffic lights.

Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000 (those who previously purchased Enhanced Autopilot and want to upgrade to Full-Self Driving capability only pay $2,000). In other words, for a customer who previously hadn’t purchased Autopilot plus Full Self-Driving, they will soon be able to do so for $6,000 less than before. Customers who previously purchased Full Self-Driving will receive an invitation to Tesla’s Early Access Program (EAP). EAP members are invited to experience and provide feedback on new features and functionality before they are rolled out to other customers.

Beginning next month, any existing customer who wants to upgrade to Autopilot or Full Self-Driving capability will be able to do so with a one-click payment. There will be no need to call anyone, and it will be as easy as it was to order your car in the first place.

I bought AP + FSD last night. Instantly after buying, I saw the "Summon" option in my app, and "Autosteer" and "Summon" options in the "Autopilot" section in my car. I don't see any options for Navigate on Autopilot, automatic lane change, cruise following distance, etc. I did not see any message in my car about autopilot being downloaded or ready. Tested summon to pull my car out of the garage and it works fine.

I have a late 2018 X75D on 2018.49.20. Will test to see if I can use AP on the freeway later today.

Drove on the freeway on the way to lunch and AP worked, along with auto lane change (click signal stalk and car changes lanes automatically). On the way home from lunch, "Navigate on Autopilot" option magically appeared in the "Autopilot" menu and I also had the "Navigate on Autopilot" button on the route guide to use it on the trip home. Turned it on and it worked like a charm. Amazing stuff.

I never saw any messages on my car's screen, despite the email I got when purchasing AP+FSD stating "you will see a confirmation on your Tesla touchscreen". All the options just magically appeared in my app and car at different times. The only thing I've yet to test is Autopark.

I never saw any messages on my car's screen, despite the email I got when purchasing AP+FSD stating "you will see a confirmation on your Tesla touchscreen". All the options just magically appeared in my app and car at different times. The only thing I've yet to test is Autopark.

I had ordered AP about 3 days ago.
This morning I saw this:
f9194e60-5acc-4b0b-b052-2a8bdd821c4c-png.384533

• Informative
Reactions: jcal0820 and Gt1948
Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000. In other words, for a customer who previously hadn’t purchased Autopilot plus Full Self-Driving, they will soon be able to do so for $6,000 less than before.