Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Early M3 owner here. (Europe)

At the time there were 2 levels of autopilot, 3k and 6k.
Having purchased the 6k option I thought FSD would be included (As I have summon for ex), but now understand that it is an extra 3000!

Is that right? I thought 6k was expensive for an option, but 9000 is definitely a lot!

Do I understand well?

Early M3 owner here. (Europe)

At the time there were 2 levels of autopilot, 3k and 6k.
Having purchased the 6k option I thought FSD would be included (As I have summon for ex), but now understand that it is an extra 3000!

Is that right? I thought 6k was expensive for an option, but 9000 is definitely a lot!

Do I understand well?

If you have NOA, Smart Summon, etc... then you already have FSD. There is nothing more to purchase.

But in my personal space, I have the possibility to add the fulld FSD option for 3k. Is it a bug?
Originally, 6k bought you Enhanced Autopilot, which (at the time of me writing) does all the features has available - you won't get any more. For 3k at that time you could "pre-purchase" the FSD abilities that are to come in the future (specifically traffic light/stop sign/city street driving).

Now, you buy the basic Autopilot for 3k (or included on most cars now I think), which only includes lane holding and TACC on highways. It's an extra upcharge of 8k now as they shifted all of the other features into FSD (as well as still holding the future features).