Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla take away enhanced autopilot subscription?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a few weeks away from the end of my FSD trial, and was ready to subscribe to enhanced autopilot for $99/mo. (Thought I'd be into Fsd but there are way too many problems with it)

It looks like the subscription option is no longer available- did that get taken away.... and now the one-time $6k purchase is the only option?

I bought EAP with my 2023 Model Y in mid-November of last year for $6k. I have subscribed to FSD for two months for $99/month in June and again in November this year just to try v11.36 and v11.44. I will subscribe again when a new major version is released to see the progress. I have never heard of a $99/month subscription to EAP.

I am a few weeks away from the end of my FSD trial, and was ready to subscribe to enhanced autopilot for $99/mo. (Thought I'd be into Fsd but there are way too many problems with it)

It looks like the subscription option is no longer available- did that get taken away.... and now the one-time $6k purchase is the only option?
There has never been an Enhanced Autopilot subscription. You are confusing a FSD subscription if you OWN Enhanced Autopilot that is $99.

Here is a thread you can look and "cry in your beer".

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Too bad for Tesla. I'd wager a lot of people would sign up for an EAP subscription who otherwise balk at the lump sum purchases or $200 FSD subscription.
Especially since only 2 of the 5 EAP features are actually even enabled on cars built after Nov 2022, with AutoPark, Summon, and Smart Summon listed as "comming soon" since then. Currently I'm on a 3-month FSD trial and the only nice feature that I'll miss is the auto lane change. I would gladly pay something extra just to enable that feature but can't justify $6k.

Speaking of that, my FSD trial was supposed to expire last week but is still enabled. I'll miss the lane change AND the visualizations. The rest of FSD was just not worth it for my driving, other than the very entertaining flapping wipers :)

I paid for the Enhanced Autopilot for my new Model X in December. Only later found out, it is not currently available. Getting the runaround with Tesla support/salesrep that it will be available 'soon' with an OTA update! Which other company sells a product and does not deliver that product feature! Disappointed and frustrated as a customer, and considering what my legal options are (refund my money if the product feature is not available or ....). Has anybody else found any other option? Thanks.

Reactions: MikeChicago
I paid for the Enhanced Autopilot for my new Model X in December. Only later found out, it is not currently available. Getting the runaround with Tesla support/salesrep that it will be available 'soon' with an OTA update! Which other company sells a product and does not deliver that product feature! Disappointed and frustrated as a customer, and considering what my legal options are (refund my money if the product feature is not available or ....). Has anybody else found any other option? Thanks.
I don’t think it’s true that Enhanced Autopilot is “unavailable” but there are certain feature within EAP that are not, specifically Auto-Park, Summon, and Smart Summon. You should still have the Navigate on Autopilot feature and Auto Lane Change.

I agree with you it is definitely a little bit of a bait and switch since there is no mention of that when placing an order, but I know when I completed my order on my Model Y in October I got a notification about the limitations due to the switch to Tesla Vision and I had to acknowledge it before completing other delivery steps. Of course this was after the $250 non-refundable deposit been paid.

I personally did not go forward with the EAP purchase.

Reactions: MikeChicago

I remember seeing it too. It was listed in the APP at the time I purchased my MSP. It was 99.00/Month. I too was surprised to see it gone shortly after I took delivery. Perhaps it will be back. I think, as others have said the $99.00 Subscription price will drive volume once they fix all the features.

EAP sub would be great at, say $99/mo but I'd still be taking it only for road trips, same as I've done in the past with the $199/mo FSD. I no longer pony up for FSD sub because it's only useful in unfamiliar cities or metro regions and plain old Navigate handles locating a Starbucks or a hotel address just fine. Only problem is with temporary road works or new one-ways or closed lanes which I just drive the beast myself and let it dither away recalculating the route.