Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot & TACC Fixed! What to know...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After experiencing intermittent and frequent interruptions while using AP and TACC, Tesla service ordered a new main computer for my M3. It was on back order for 3 weeks. I had previously made a service appointment online in anticipation of it arriving after the first of the month.

I called them on Oct 2nd and sure enough it had been delivered to the Indy service center. I delivered it to the Indy service center yesterday and was offered a S to drive for the day. This AM I picked up my M3 and the AP & TACC work perfectly on the drive home. No more annoying and scary beeps that cause my wife to scream in a panic!

A couple of things to know if this happens to you. Be persistent in reporting any problems to Tesla Service. My experience took two calls to report the problem with the AP and TACC, but they did get it right!

1. You may lose all your settings. If so, you will have to reprogram everything from the name of the car to your custom seat settings.
2. After you pick up your car from service, be sure to turn on Mobile Data Sharing/Use so you can use your phone App. Service had me delete the app from my phone, then reinstall, however, service had turned mobile data off while it was being repaired.
3. You will have to reprogram your AP and TACC settings in the Drive settings.
4. All my music favorites were still available, but all my driver settings were gone.

I received a text that my car was being serviced, and that they would notify me when it was available which they did at the end of the day Thursday. They let me keep the Model S overnight and I picked up my M3 first thing today at 8AM. I was very pleased with my first Tesla Service experience. They were friendly and efficient.

The major issue they are experiencing with M3's seem to be focused around the firmware, as well as simply delivering the cars to the consumers. They delivered 60 M3's on Saturday of last week.

While it frustrating to be without your new car's features for a few weeks, I was reminded that anytime a new model is shipped, one should always expect a few bugs. If you have to use Tesla Service, I hope your experience is as positive as mine was!

Reactions: laudbrian
After experiencing intermittent and frequent interruptions while using AP and TACC

Did you have TACC available even if Autosteer didn't work?

I'm having simultaneous drop-outs of both, with no grayed out icons even shown for even TACC, and no road lines, or other vehicles being shown during the drop-out. Tesla Service is telling me it's bad road lines, but I call BS.

I believe TACC should work fine even with no road lines, yet I get "Cruise not Available" when the system drops-out or fails to be available when starting a drive. Also automatic headlights come on in broad daylight, and this malfunction seems to happen concurrent with "TACC" and "Autosteer" failures.

Does this match your symptoms?