Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.44.30.2 and APS_W160

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem has returned. All 3 camera views in reverse are black. I didn't drive so I don't know if the visualizations are missing also but I suspect they are. Service Mode shows APS_w134_appMia alert. Also the autopilot screen shows ECU Primary (A) status as INIT. ECU Secondary (B) status is NORMAL. The GNSS status (what ever that is) has two red parameters also. I have a service request in for January 2. Hope this isn't a hardware problem, I'm out of warranty.
How did it go?

Has it been fixed?

I have the same issue.

How did it go?

Has it been fixed?

I have the same issue.
The short answer is no, the problem remains. Tesla service performed the disconnect the 12v battery boot process and it worked immediately after then the problem resurfaced. I occurs about 50% of the time. I was hoping it would be fixed with 2023.40.30.8 but that install failed and my second request to Tesla service was bumped back because "there was already a ticket still open for this issue". So basically I'm just waiting for the next update. I have captured a little more detail in the link below.

Update;
After requesting to push 2023.44.30.8 to my 2019 SR+ by messaging Tesla in the app, emailing Tesla Service and phoning Tesla I received a notice this morning that 30.8 was available to download. I started the download from a nearby hotspot I created to have a strong signal unlike the first failed attempt. The download paused after 10 minutes at 50% and remained there for about 20 minutes. Both the app and the car showed the download was 100% after 45 minutes but did not indicate it was ready to install. Then after another 45 minutes the car showed 60% and the app showed 90% but then within a minute or two they were both showing 100% again. The car sat at 100% for about 3 hours. I then I received a notice that the update was ready to install. The install took about 30 minutes and completed with out any issues unlike my previous 2 attempts 2 weeks ago that both failed. I did a short drive and the reverse cameras came up practically instantly and all the visualizations are working properly. I did not perform any boots after the download or install.

My service request from Tesla a week ago had stated that they had been unable to correct the issue remotely and I would need to go to the service center for a computer replacement at a cost to me of $2500. Hopefully this is a solid fix for me!

Update;
After requesting to push 2023.44.30.8 to my 2019 SR+ by messaging Tesla in the app, emailing Tesla Service and phoning Tesla I received a notice this morning that 30.8 was available to download. I started the download from a nearby hotspot I created to have a strong signal unlike the first failed attempt. The download paused after 10 minutes at 50% and remained there for about 20 minutes. Both the app and the car showed the download was 100% after 45 minutes but did not indicate it was ready to install. Then after another 45 minutes the car showed 60% and the app showed 90% but then within a minute or two they were both showing 100% again. The car sat at 100% for about 3 hours. I then I received a notice that the update was ready to install. The install took about 30 minutes and completed with out any issues unlike my previous 2 attempts 2 weeks ago that both failed. I did a short drive and the reverse cameras came up practically instantly and all the visualizations are working properly. I did not perform any boots after the download or install.

My service request from Tesla a week ago had stated that they had been unable to correct the issue remotely and I would need to go to the service center for a computer replacement at a cost to me of $2500. Hopefully this is a solid fix for me!
Does it work on a trip? For me it's fine around town but as soon as I go anywhere it kills it.