TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Average Tesla Response Time when Reporting Problems at SC's?

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by GolanB, Jul 26, 2019.

1. GolanB

GolanB Supporting Member

I reported my first Tesla SuperCharger issue over a month ago (33 days) in Tannersville, PA. Apparently, stall 1A would not begin a charge at all, while charging on 1B I experienced wildly fluctuating SC rates. It would oscillate up and down over and over throughout the charging session.

I captured some of it on video here:

It took Tesla more than a month to get back to me, and they seem to have missed my note about 1B entirely in their response. They also sent me two emails, once calling me by my name, and once calling me by "Peter." I guess Peter also reported the issue?

I suspect that the charging cable might not have been clean on 1B, but I forgot to take a closer look. I know that Tesla monitors the temperature of the charging cable, and individual pins during the charging session, and can modify the charge rate to compensate if they get too warm.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 12.37.27 PM.png

2. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

Now, I’d report Supercharger issues to Roadside Assistance team using the Tesla app... If the site is defective, it will eventually strand someone requiring a tow.

3. dgatwood

dgatwood Member

Typically, responses take many weeks. Seems like they need a bigger staff.