TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Avery color wrap vs xpel ultimate

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Bamagirl68, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Bamagirl68

Bamagirl68 Member

I am hopefully getting my PD3- in a month or two and I want to wrap the car. My main objective is to protect from rock chips and shopping carts. I have so many dings and scratches on my current car from such things, and I will be sad if that happens to my Tesla. Now the question: I got quotes for full car wraps in xpel. Very expensive. However, the quotes for full car wraps with Avery color wrap are affordable. I actually never considered changing the color of the car. I ordered silver metallic and I like the color. However, it would be cool to get closer to the color of the gray of the first model 3 that Elon unveiled. The guy who installs the Avery wrap told me that it will protect just like the xpel. At literally half the price, why would I not choose the Avery? I have never wrapped a car before and I am hoping that someone who has experience with this can point me in the right direction.

2. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

• Informative x 1
  3. Need

Need Active Member

I was looking into that when deciding between going black with wrap or pay for a color. I read that vinyl wrap usually only last about 3 to 5 years where PPF (like Xpel) last 10+ years. And PPF could self heal small chips (by pulling hot water over it) where vinyl wrap can't. I finally decided to just get the color and in 3 to 5 years if the original paint became really bad... do the vinyl wrap and change the color.

• Informative x 1
  4. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Based on everything you said, clearbra is better for you. Vinyl wraps don't protect as well as clearbras. It's an aesthetic change mainly.

I talk about these points in these 2 threads I regularly update with pictures of clearbras and vinyl wraps we do:

Vendor - ClearGuard Nano and GlareShield in Texas only available at EVS Motors Performance Studio
    Vendor - Chrome Delete/Vinyl Wrapping on Teslas at EVS Motors!

5. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

I don’t
    I don’t think wraps have the same protective qualities as PPF but someone here I’m sure is more of an expert.

6. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

Vinyl wraps are not made to protect the car at all. “Clearbras” are made to protect the vehicle.