Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avoid Sales Tax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s the crappy part about being out of state and buying in CA. When we bought our RV they actually met us at the border in order to avoid paying CA tax. The other way is have it delivered, surely be cheaper than paying tax and save you time.

That’s the crappy part about being out of state and buying in CA. When we bought our RV they actually met us at the border in order to avoid paying CA tax. The other way is have it delivered, surely be cheaper than paying tax and save you time.
I asked about delivery to Portland and they told me it’s not possible. It MUST be picked up in Cali.

If someone had a definitive answer I would LOVE to hear it. Gonna check with DMV in CA and OR tomorrow. Also ask the CPA

There is no way around the tax. California sucks when it comes to squeezing money out of everyone. Even non-residents.

You should be able to have Tesla ship or arrange shipping on your own. Sounds like your advisor is being lazy.

Have you put down a deposit?