Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWESOME Tesla Roadside Assistance & America's Tire experience !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I was driving my wife and kids in our 2015 P85D in unusual SoCal pouring / windy rain, passing multiple accident scenes. Suddenly a Low Tire Pressure for my right rear tire appeared... Followed by a VERY Low Tire Pressure warning ~ 10 seconds later. I slowed to a crawl and creeped ~ 1/8 mile to a gas station and tried to air up my tire so I could just drive a couple of miles to a nearby America's Tire... but air was coming out as fast as I put it in. Ruh Roh, gotta get a flatbed tow and I know every tow truck in town is going to be super busy because of the SPITTY weather.

I pressed the button on our screen and called Tesla Roadside Assistance while my wife requested a tow via the AAA app. Tesla answered in ~ 20 seconds and said there weren't any Tesla "tire/wheel swap" vehicles available (we have the rare staggered Arachnid wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires). He tried to schedule a flat bed tow but their primary provider was slammed. He asked to call me back in a couple of minutes after he hunted one down for us. While waiting I called the closest America's Tire and Aaron confirmed he had ONE of the unusual 265/35R21 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires in stock... and get our tire repaired or replaced as soon as we arrived. Sweet!

Meanwhile AAA's tow truck ETA went from 40 minutes to 1:20... and was growing. OUCH. Tesla called me back in ~ 3 minutes and said he'd arrange a flat bed tow to AmTire ETA 30 to 60 minutes. Tesla flatbed tow truck arrived in 40 minutes and loaded up my P85D in 5 minutes, and had us at AmTire in another 10 minutes. AmTire had me back on the road in ~ 60 minutes for only $51.50 (the cost of a new AmTire Tire Certificate) vs. $454.10 for the same tire + Tire Certificate + taxes https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/michelin-pilot-super-sport/p/38015. AWESOME !!!

Total time from flat to back on the road 2 hours... INCREDIBLE considering the heavy rain, multiple accidents, and how busy AmTire was (completely full with people and cars waiting).

Cudos to BOTH Tesla Roadside Assistance AND America's Tire. INCREDIBLE JOB !!!

Yeah I’ve got nothing but good things to say about America’s Tire.
I’ve used them for all my tires and each time it’s a pleasant experience.
I hit a nasty pot hole that resulted in major sidewall bulges, America’s Tire hunted down 2 of the 21in tires and replaced same day

Reactions: BrokerDon