Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

B-Pillar Camera Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I absolutely love the look of my Model 3, especially that all the cameras are hidden (front, repeater, etc) - however there's one thing I find ugly on AP2+ cars - the side pillar cameras. They stand out like a sore thumb when you look at the sleek, black window frames.

Why couldn't Tesla tint the outside of them (like windows) so they can still see from the inside, but are less noticeable from the outside?

4-b-pillar-camera.jpg

I absolutely love the look of my Model 3, especially that all the cameras are hidden (front, repeater, etc) - however there's one thing I find ugly on AP2+ cars - the side pillar cameras. They stand out like a sore thumb when you look at the sleek, black window frames.

Why couldn't Tesla tint the outside of them (like windows) so they can still see from the inside, but are less noticeable from the outside?

View attachment 395714

I TOTALLY disagree.

They don't stick out like a sore thumb at all.

Tesla....please don't change a thing.

Reactions: Trevlan006
I have no problem with those, I just wish they’d get rid of the chrome. It looks like they noticed a ton of people are getting chrome delete and it seems the Y defaults with black trim which is nice.

I don't think a TON of people are doing anything of the sort.

I would HATE for them to totally chrome delete their cars. That would make NO sense.

ONE can definitely chrome delete their car...….. but they can't chrome a chrome deleted car.