Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm triggered: Camera glitch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, the M3 alarm triggered. So I rushed out to the parking garage at work. Looking around I found nothing unusual. Looking at the Sentry recordings, nothing really obvious that would have triggered it, just some cars driving by... except that I noticed in the recording, perhaps 5-10 secs prior to the alarm trigger, this odd camera frame from the Left camera (attached). It shows the inside of the parking garage. See for example the Front or Right camera. But the Left camera with the bright white and purple-y stuff is very abby normal. The Rear image looks weird also.)
- There is some chance that the camera glitch(es) were caused by a burst of bright light (perhaps a sudden reflection of bright sunlight).
- can such camera events cause an alarm trigger?
- It wasn't *exactly* coincident to the alarm trigger, several seconds prior. Does that make sense?
- do such camera glitches indicate that the camera (or something else) is beginning to fail, or a loose connection?
- I'm coming up on the 4 year warrantee expiration. Obvious if something is going to require fixing, I'd like it registered and fixed sooner rather than 6-8mos from now...
IMG_5407.jpg