Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

B pillar cover won’t go back on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took off the b pillar cover to try fix a rattle that after 6 service appts they either couldn’t replicate or didn’t fix, got it off think I got the source fixed but now I can’t get the darn cover back on, the top snaps seem like they are too low to get in where they go no matter what… any advice or tricks or something im missing

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpeg
    IMG_0744.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0745.jpeg
    IMG_0745.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 96
I took off the b pillar cover to try fix a rattle that after 6 service appts they either couldn’t replicate or didn’t fix, got it off think I got the source fixed but now I can’t get the darn cover back on, the top snaps seem like they are too low to get in where they go no matter what… any advice or tricks or something im missing
Did you ever get this worked out? I’ve just done exactly the same thing and can’t get it back on. The trim clips seem to be too low and I can’t get them to click in! Super frustrating.

Upvote 0
Did you ever get this worked out? I’ve just done exactly the same thing and can’t get it back on. The trim clips seem to be too low and I can’t get them to click in! Super frustrating.
Get the top part of b-pillar trim in position first. Pull the L shaped clips outward to get bottom part seated. Hard to describe. I agree it's annoying to reinstall at first.

Upvote 0