Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back in a Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to say hello and share that I am back in a M3P. Had one 2 years ago as a company car and when I left the company, I left the car behind and missed it terribly. Finances didn't warrant a replacement until recently. Happy to report that I chose a nice, clean, low-mileage 2022 M3P, Blue/Black and I finally get to use the Wall Connector we installed 2 years ago, again! We are now a 2 EV family again. Very excited! The car was clean(ish) but not near MY personal standard, so I'll be working on removing the water spots and swapping the wheels. Not a fan of the current M3P wheels.

Oh, and also we have 2, Powerwall2's sitting in our garage.... waiting on Permitting to get approved for install to tie into our solar. When that happens, we will literally be capturing sunlight and putting that energy into our cars! Driving on Sunlight! How Cool!

Attachments

• Model 3 PickUp.jpeg
    Model 3 PickUp.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 113
Just wanted to say hello and share that I am back in a M3P. Had one 2 years ago as a company car and when I left the company, I left the car behind and missed it terribly. Finances didn't warrant a replacement until recently. Happy to report that I chose a nice, clean, low-mileage 2022 M3P, Blue/Black and I finally get to use the Wall Connector we installed 2 years ago, again! We are now a 2 EV family again. Very excited! The car was clean(ish) but not near MY personal standard, so I'll be working on removing the water spots and swapping the wheels. Not a fan of the current M3P wheels.

Oh, and also we have 2, Powerwall2's sitting in our garage.... waiting on Permitting to get approved for install to tie into our solar. When that happens, we will literally be capturing sunlight and putting that energy into our cars! Driving on Sunlight! How Cool!
You can charge your car from your solar panels without the battery packs. Just FYI. :cool:

You can charge your car from your solar panels without the battery packs. Just FYI. :cool:
Yeah, but that's not how our panels are wired at the moment. PG&E has specific rules for that and we typically charge at night so... We've wanted batteries for a long time, for various reasons, including the driving on sunlight deal, but also we are hit with lots of outages. Nice to be somewhat off-the-grid.