Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back seats dog cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are the sides held up in the Y?
They are held up by the coat hangers on top.
5FBEF6C9-E639-44C5-BB33-4B5300E2E567.jpeg

Last edited:

just fyi...I ordered one like that (same version, black with orange strip highlights) based on a YouTube video, even used the same sku number as the one shown in the video...but when I got it, that mesh window doesn't have a zipper to lower the window on mine that I received, but the one in the video did have one, so I am not sure if they changed the design for this year (his video was shot last year) so beware if you order one thinking you can lower that mesh so your dog can easily climb into the front seat...

Last edited by a moderator:
just fyi...I ordered one like that (same version, black with orange strip highlights) based on a YouTube video, even used the same sku number as the one shown in the video...but when I got it, that mesh window doesn't have a zipper to lower the window on mine that I received, but the one in the video did have one, so I am not sure if they changed the design for this year (his video was shot last year) so beware if you order one thinking you can lower that mesh so your dog can easily climb into the front seat...
The one I have has the Zipper on one side only.

this is the actual one I got, in the pic you can see the net zipped down on one side.

[Upgraded Version] Dog Car Seat Cover for Back Seat, 100% Waterproof Back Seat with Mesh Window, Scratch Proof Nonslip Dog Car Hammock for All Cars, Trucks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFMH6FW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_wUsXFb2Q32E2T

I have a feeling my dog would end up breaking the coat hook, but that does look like a nice solution for dogs that wouldn't destroy it.

The dog cover is laying on top of the seat and not pulling down on the cover, the side straps just keep the side panel up so you can loosen those straps some more to prevent tension.

Fred

The dog cover is laying on top of the seat and not pulling down on the cover, the side straps just keep the side panel up so you can loosen those straps some more to prevent tension.

Fred

Thanks, that does help. My dog just likes strings like this, though, and would likely want to use it as a tug toy. He's tall enough to get to the strap too.

I bet it'd work great when he's a little older, though. :)

This is my setup:
Works great! I think it's worth to pay a bit more for a higher quality hammock. The Orvis one fits really nicely in the Y, they also have other versions if you don't want the window. Echo likes the A/C from the center console. :) The door protectors are also a must with my dog cause he's so hyperactive and tries to climb onto everything - My doors would be completely scratched up otherwise. The window protectors have specialized divots on the tabs so they don't budge from the window, no adhesive required! A belt is a must for my dog he's super hyperactive in the car. He'd try to drive the Tesla if I didn't :rolleyes: I've got the white interiors and so far so good!

Attachments

• PXL_20200829_154312574.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20200829_154312574.NIGHT.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 203
  • PXL_20200829_154238988.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20200829_154238988.NIGHT.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 208
  • PXL_20200831_155035903.jpg
    PXL_20200831_155035903.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life