Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bait and Switch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order for a new Model X with the understanding that I could transfer my free charging from my 2018 model X to the new Tesla . I was just informed by the dealer that the delivery date has been changed to January or February 2024 and that Tesla might not honor the promotional incentive since the new Tesla delivery is scheduled after December 2023. WTF, has anyone heard the same thing? If this isn’t bait and switch, I don’t know what is!!

Attachments

• IMG_2999.png
    IMG_2999.png
    717.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2998.png
    IMG_2998.png
    369.3 KB · Views: 54
The revised agreement now says:

Note: Tesla will make an exception and honor your free Supercharging transfer request after the December 31, 2023 deadline if all of the following conditions are met:

• You are eligible for the free Supercharging transfer program and agreed to the program’s terms and conditions in writing by December 31, 2023.
  • You were provided with a delivery window in 2023 at the time you placed your order.
  • Your order is for an in-production vehicle available in the US.
  • Tesla did not have a vehicle with your exact configuration available for you to take delivery by December 31, 2023.

So it looks like anybody who has an order in with a delivery window that changed to the new year after their order had been placed will be able to do the transfer. I am good with this as I would rather receive my vehicle in 2024.

Upvote 0
If we place an order now, and have a Dec-Jan window or such...

1) Do we have to sign now? Or can we wait and sign at the end of December just in case something comes up. It sounds like the latter. But not sure if anyone has been pressured to sign immediately (at the SC).

2) If there's an end-of-year sale and the 7 seater or white/cream color suddenly fits in the $80k range for the tax break, do non-delivered orders also get that price cut? Or would we have to cancel the order, and order again (which would not have a 2023 delivery window, most likely)? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've only bought used before.

Upvote 0
I was out of town this past week in BVI with family and friends sailing and to my surprise I got a call from Tesla to see if I had any questions about my X order. I asked about that FUSC transfer and he said that a new agreement would need to replace the original one that I signed lifting the Dec delivery restriction.

If they provided a FUSC agreement for us Tesla OG's "original gangster" owners (three prior Model S's) adding the Model X makes it our fourth Tesla, I would buy a fifth adding another Model S, then hopefully a CT before 2025 making it a notional sixth Tesla.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If we place an order now, and have a Dec-Jan window or such...

1) Do we have to sign now? Or can we wait and sign at the end of December just in case something comes up. It sounds like the latter. But not sure if anyone has been pressured to sign immediately (at the SC).

2) If there's an end-of-year sale and the 7 seater or white/cream color suddenly fits in the $80k range for the tax break, do non-delivered orders also get that price cut? Or would we have to cancel the order, and order again (which would not have a 2023 delivery window, most likely)? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've only bought used before.
I was asked to sign the FUSC agreement on the day I ordered the vehicle. As for the lower price for upgrades that would make your vehicle inelibible for the fed EV credit because it is based on the MSRP not the discount price.

Upvote 0