Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery contact flutters?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the past week my 2014 model S developed an odd noise under heavy acceleration that sounds like a balloon losing its air. I took it to my local SC and they said it was battery contact flutters and that the sound was “normal” unless a warning sign is prompts me otherwise. After a bit of protest they finally decided to fix it under warranty. I have since scoured the web and can not find anything on this issue.

Has anyone experienced this and or had their car serviced for battery contact replacement?

Yup, had the contactors replaced after a warning message showed up on my 100D. The balloon noise showed up a few weeks after the message but only intermittently. If you’re already hearing the noise I’d speculate the system is either not sensing the fault or the older cars cannot detect it prior to failure.

If my 2016 Lexus GS350 has an odd squeak Lexus drops everything to make sure it is right. I honestly wish Toyota was focused on ev’s instead of this hydrogen excursion. I love tesla as a brand and the mission that they are on, but with the cost of these cars passing the price of a house in some parts of the country it is unacceptable for them to not offer Toyota levels of service. I can accept that the car will not be perfect, but it should be serviced in a way that is befitting of its cost.