Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Cooling Vampire Drain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice this?

Seems even 70 to 80 degree weather, even after a 2 mile trip the AC is on cooling the battery for a while after parked.

Sometime battery drain can be 5% overnight.

That amount of drain sounds like Sentry Mode ... or your car staying awake to upload driving data to Tesla, or trying to download a software or map update.

If you use AC during your trip, I think after a delay after you get out, Tesla runs the fans to get rid of moisture condensation in the system to prevent mildew. This is something relatively 'new' based on what I've read around these parts.

I allready wrote it somewhere else: I had vampire drain (without sentry, heating or cooling the interieur, etc.) of about 4%/day! Then I shut down online-mode and drain went down to less then 0.5%/day!

So probably this part applied to you:
That amount of drain sounds like Sentry Mode ... or your car staying awake to upload driving data to Tesla, or trying to download a software or map update.

Wow, so much energy just for a communications module? You may consider reporting this to Tesla: [email protected]

It’s not the communications module. If the car stays awake to slowly send gigabytes of video to the mothership then the whole car has a few hundred watts of power draw instead of near-zero when it would otherwise be asleep.

I would expect just turning wifi off to have the same effect as turning off data sharing, since the sharing is most likely only over wifi and not LTE. But perhaps not. Worth a test @FrankPuettbach