Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Ghost Drain - Short Journeys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed on the model 3 2019/20 is Intel cpu using alot power for no reason?.

When i do short journeys over the space of a week, 140 miles is just gone & shows last charged i only did 80-90miles over the week & have 20% left but if i fully charge & do straight run ill get the full 220-240miles..

so on short journeys something using power for no reason & can only work out its the intel chip consuming more power for nothing, reminds me of just like a macbook with intel chip you open the browser fans kick off & you can watch it drain on minimal tasks until they put M1 chip made more energy-efficient. No guess same thing happening here or am i missing something?

P.S I have sentry mode off - auto cabinet protection off each night i only see 1% drop
& when i go to charge only showing i did 80/90 miles since last charged so where 140 miles disappear too lol..

First, whatever is going on has nothing to do with the intel chip. For one, the type of intel chip in the Tesla is not related at all to the one in a macbook! It is a very low power cpu.

It seems to me you are saying that you only see a 1% drop in charge overnight, but then when you do an accounting of miles driven throughout the week, it doesn't add up to as much as you would expect? Could you just be doing less efficient driving? Aggressive city driving, not using regen, etc?

Upvote 0
Well there’s a reason why tesla moved to Ryzen cpu right? & its proven intel chips are known for high consumption true fact & eveyone moving to ryzen because it better efficiency..

This is my first ever car as just passed my test & i have charm on if i go over speed limit so no aggression in driving at all as this was purely a test on the battery, im only doing 5miles here & there Throughout the week i dont think ill be doing 60mph on short journeys to knock off half battery. 😂👍My long test the battery holds keeping it at 60mph got from UK Hopwood Service to Preston with 48% battery left so long Journeys completely fine..

But short journeys here & there im not getting the full battery out of it going by Tesla info last since charged so i find it very weird where half the battery goes on short journeys.. i have regan breaking help save brake pads & Energy plus on downhill i balance my foot on the pedal to give charge back nothing big but help keep the car Healthy so doing what i can i just notice i get get like 200miles short journeys unless tesla info is way off reading my trips 🤔

Upvote 0
First, whatever is going on has nothing to do with the intel chip. For one, the type of intel chip in the Tesla is not related at all to the one in a macbook! It is a very low power cpu.

It seems to me you are saying that you only see a 1% drop in charge overnight, but then when you do an accounting of miles driven throughout the week, it doesn't add up to as much as you would expect? Could you just be doing less efficient driving? Aggressive city driving, not using regen, etc?
Well there’s a reason why tesla moved to Ryzen cpu right? & its proven intel chips are known for high consumption true fact & eveyone moving to ryzen because it better efficiency..

This is my first ever car as just passed my test & i have charm on if i go over speed limit so no aggression in driving at all as this was purely a test on the battery, im only doing 5miles here & there Throughout the week i dont think ill be doing 60mph on short journeys to knock off half battery. 😂👍My long test the battery holds keeping it at 60mph got from UK Hopwood Service to Preston with 48% battery left so long Journeys completely fine..

But short journeys here & there im not getting the full battery out of it going by Tesla info last since charged so i find it very weird where half the battery goes on short journeys.. i have regan breaking help save brake pads & Energy plus on downhill i balance my foot on the pedal to give charge back nothing big but help keep the car Healthy so doing what i can i just notice i get get like 200miles short journeys unless tesla info is way off reading my trips 🤔

Upvote 0

No it is not a general truth that every chip Intel makes is a power hog, nor is Ryzen generally superior to Intel desktop chips on efficiency right now, and the Atom isn't a desktop chip, it is totally different. The switch to Ryzen could be for any number of reasons, like supply chain issues, but it is also like 20x faster, which is very nice. I doubt its more efficient. Anyway if you don't want to believe me, then I guess quit asking questions, you already know everything.

I suspect your city driving patterns just aren't efficient, but its hard to know without seeing you driving around!

Upvote 0
No it is not a general truth that every chip Intel makes is a power hog, nor is Ryzen generally superior to Intel desktop chips on efficiency right now, and the Atom isn't a desktop chip, it is totally different. The switch to Ryzen could be for any number of reasons, like supply chain issues, but it is also like 20x faster, which is very nice. I doubt its more efficient. Anyway if you don't want to believe me, then I guess quit asking questions, you already know everything.

I suspect your city driving patterns just aren't efficient, but its hard to know without seeing you driving around!
Quit asking questions.. Jesus christ😂 i asked incase if other people noticed this on short Journeys well hopefully when they offer ryzen cpu upgrade ill find it but.. Do short Journey test then check last charged, tell me you get full range or hit at least 200miles i bet you don't lol - You suspect my driving patterns.... I have kids you way off the mark😂

Upvote 0