Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Folks: Swap My White Dash for Your Wood Dash? $0.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vehicle is white/white with the white dash. I'm loving the white/white combo but feel the wood dash would be a better fit and a nice contrast over the "me too" white dash on a white/white car.

I've seen a video online of two folks that met up and swapped their dashes. Didn't look very hard, but admittedly I'm a little nervous to do it. Would need to research logistics a bit more for my own comfort level, but testing waters here to see if anyone would be interested in this. I know many don't like the wood dash so it could be a good opportunity for you to receive a white dash for free.

Hey exzachly,

I'd like to swap with you!
I'm not in the bay area but am planning on a road trip down to CA for this weekend and next week.

My Model 3 is a little over three months old, and I just checked the dash piece; I'd say it is flawless as well.

Let me know what you think.
JH

You're very generous to swap for free. The white dash is worth a hefty premium over the ugly wood dash.

It seems this is split on what folks prefer, similar to any other color on anything.

I don't see how the white dash is "worth a hefty premium" over the wood dash, or vice versa for that matter. Perhaps because there are few white dashes in existence and far more wood (black interiors)? That's my only thought for rationale.

Reactions: Hans L and aspec818
It seems this is split on what folks prefer, similar to any other color on anything.

I don't see how the white dash is "worth a hefty premium" over the wood dash, or vice versa for that matter. Perhaps because there are few white dashes in existence and far more wood (black interiors)? That's my only thought for rationale.
You pay $1500 for the white interior, part of that includes the white dash. And the white interior came out on only a few models, months after initial TM3 release. It was a delayed release.

Funny. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I think the white dash is the ugliest thing out there. :p
Used to build custom cabinets and was a finish carpentry by trade before moving to general contractor supervisory roll and I like the wood dash, although I think the white seat would look awesome with a natural finish flamed AAA maple, sycamore or other light natural wood, just my opinion though
AAA Fiddleback English Sycamore Veneer Sheet 7.5" x 117" - VeneerSupplies.com

Or a nice Zebrwood for something more on the modern side
AAA Quartersawn Zebrawood Veneer Sheet 18.75" x 102.5" - VeneerSupplies.com

Last edited:
My vehicle is white/white with the white dash. I'm loving the white/white combo but feel the wood dash would be a better fit and a nice contrast over the "me too" white dash on a white/white car.

I've seen a video online of two folks that met up and swapped their dashes. Didn't look very hard, but admittedly I'm a little nervous to do it. Would need to research logistics a bit more for my own comfort level, but testing waters here to see if anyone would be interested in this. I know many don't like the wood dash so it could be a good opportunity for you to receive a white dash for free.

I'm interested in swapping if still available. More than willing to drive to Oakland from Redwood City :)