TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bay Area PPF / Clear Bra installer - used this guy and he was amazing

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by omar, May 3, 2018.

1. omar

omar Member

Hello all,

I just want to throw a quick recommendation out there. I was looking for a clear bra wrap in the bay area and was quoted $900 by some shops just for the front bumper! I shopped around and found a local guy in the Bay Area that quoted me $500 for XPEL stealth self healing film which is beyond reasonable for this area. Also charged me $100 to do the center console in XPEL Satin Finish which is sooooooo worth it!

Best part is he has a mobile business and shows up at your house so you don't have the hassle of taking it to the shop. He was on time, super professional and did great work. Another plus is he has a Matte Wrapped Blue Model 3 that is just jaw dropping!!

Just want to throw his info out there because I appreciate good service and work and his name deserves to be shared. Say you got his contact from the forums or from "Omar". I don't get any credit for this, I just told him I would share his work.

If in the Bay Area call Dylan at Paint Protection Concepts (925) 354-0953

His Car:
    IMG_1970.jpg
    Front Bumper Wrap of my Car:
    IMG_1976.jpg

Center Console Wrap in XPEL SATIN:
    IMG_1984.jpg

His Contact: IMG_1972.jpg

• Like x 7
  2. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

At first I saw the blue car and your $500 number and thought WTF THAT'S SO CHEAP, then I realized you were talking about just a bumper...

That console looks like very nice work. Did he remove parts, or do it in place? Would you mind posting a pic or three of how he handled the edges/wrapping?

• Like x 1
  3. itskv

itskv Member

I thought the same, $500 for a Full Front PPF? thats too good of an deal!

• Funny x 1
  4. calvinvle

calvinvle Member

Where did you get your tints? And what's the percentage of tint on them?

• Like x 1
  5. NovaWood

NovaWood Member

Life's about to get very busy for this Dylan guy.

• Like x 1
  6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle New Member

Seconded. Would love tint feedback / suggestions for the Bay Area

• Like x 1
  7. Tezlanian

Tezlanian Member

Center console looks great. Tesla should have had something more along those lines by default. Won't have to worry about scratches from every little thing on that stuff.

• Like x 1
  8. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

If you are getting your car filmed don't you want it done in a rather dust free setting? I know our car was done indoors, washed, clay barred, and after film was applied I think they heat it for the adhesives to take hold, and then we had to bring it back in to make sure wrapped edges were well adhered and any bubbles were taken care of before they hardened.

Center console does look great. I saw someone else do this and another owner went with a film with a brushed look. If I stay with my Model 3 reservation (might get an MS) I will definitely add the center console as something to get wrapped.

• Informative x 1
  9. calvinvle

calvinvle Member

Thanks, I just contacted him. OCDetailing wanted $300 for the console wrap.

• Like x 1
  10. omar

omar Member

Sorry. I have no pics of the process. I wish he did the blue wrap for $500! I would’ve got it in a heart beat!

11. omar

omar Member

Tints from OCDetailing in Fremont. They’re 40% 3M. They look a little darker in the shadows in that pic

12. omar

omar Member

I agree! It’s seriously the best money I ever spent on the car. That original piano black scratches if you just look at it wrong!

13. omar

omar Member

He did it in my garage. He made sure I had an available garage space before he came to my house. Front bumper came out great!

14. calvinvle

calvinvle Member

How much was your tint job? And did you also tint the roof in one piece?

15. omar

omar Member

Tint was pricey... one piece for the back and 4 windows cost about $1000 from OCDetailing

16. pavankp

pavankp Member

Dylan came by today and did my console wrap. It took less than an hour, and it looks great like the picture OC posted. I echo the recommendation.

• Like x 1
  17. SeasonedTech

SeasonedTech Model 3 Dual Motor

For the front bumper wrap, did he roll the film around the edge where it meets the fender or did he cut? Thank you.