Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area to Yosemite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a long range Model 3 and am planning a trip to Yosemite from Oakland next week if the air quality stays reasonable. It looks like the last super charger is in Manteca, just 59 miles in on a total of 174. I was hoping on arriving with more charge to allow for driving around in Yosemite and then the return to Manteca. Any suggestions?

There is the Groveland Supercharger, the only charger you will need if you leave on a full charge. I have a cabin in Sonora and it's easy to get up there, and Groveland is closer to the bay area. If you want to go thru Yosemite and exit out the south side there is another charger there too.

• Helpful
Reactions: RobbL
I have a long range Model 3 and am planning a trip to Yosemite from Oakland next week if the air quality stays reasonable. It looks like the last super charger is in Manteca, just 59 miles in on a total of 174. I was hoping on arriving with more charge to allow for driving around in Yosemite and then the return to Manteca. Any suggestions?
There are many threads here where people describe trips to and around Yosemite. Try searching.

I’m a new owner of Model 3 2021 SR and that having no Tesla Supercharger in downtown Bakersfield is also my concern. I have to travel at least 25 to 30 miles to charge at el Tejon or Stockdale station.And to go back home my battery is drained again maybe 25 to 30%. If I use the J1772 adapter to charge to other company l will be getting 3kw to 7kw per hour? Chademo is the only solution but it cost $400. I hope we can have a couple of Tesla Super charging station here in Bakersfield the soonest

I thought the same and for the first year I didn't buy the CHAdeMO adapter. When I finally broke down and did it I was convinced that the CCS adapter from Tesla would be out the day my return window ended. But ~50 charges later the adapter was all paid off (I visit a lot of power company free DCFC stations). I have now had the adapter for more than a couple of years and that has been a LOT of free fast charges. If I had free charging at work I would use that, but I don't. Sounds like you can't charge at home and I have a few friends in that boat, but where we life they can at least use local Urban Superchargers. If you can get by with the adapter where you live it'll be worth the investment, even if the CCS adapter does come out eventually you will STILL be able to use the CHAdeMO.

And I am thinking the REASON the CCS is still not out is because Tesla is working on the opposite adapter, so people can plug their Mach-E into a Supercharger. Why not stake a claim to making the Tesla plug the US standard. It's the best plug out there and if they had adapters others could plug and charge even on cars that never supported that feature before.

Last edited: