Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All good advice will take a flashlight as you suggest. Wonder, is the delivery inside the building or in the large lot to he side, because if it’s raining very hard to determine any paint issues.

The delivery for Vancouver is actually outside at 1712 Powell Street.
See photo below, it is actually right on the parking lot, daytime is much more prefer and don't rush thru the process.

delivery.JPG
(at least for me)

• Helpful
Reactions: AdamMacDon
Will be picking up tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder not to get too rushy.... it's going to rain all day on my Tesla but supposed to stop when I get there around 4....bringing a guy that builds his own show cars. Once we accept delivery we will spray a small amount of detail spray to protect on way home, then in a few days we will do our own strip wash then ceramics with Adams products. We know the local Adams dealer and he is going to help me "do it myself" as long as I buy his products lol.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Will be picking up tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder not to get too rushy.... it's going to rain all day on my Tesla but supposed to stop when I get there around 4....bringing a guy that builds his own show cars. Once we accept delivery we will spray a small amount of detail spray to protect on way home, then in a few days we will do our own strip wash then ceramics with Adams products. We know the local Adams dealer and he is going to help me "do it myself" as long as I buy his products lol.

Sounds great, DIY is my route too since I don't want to spend huge $ into PPF or hired someone to do ceramics as I know my wife is gonna run into something sooner or later(she goto richmond occasionally and that doesn't help)

Please share your experience with Adams product as I'm consider doing ceramics with my car as well!

I’ve heard the EV rebate “running out” story a few times.

I partially suspect that some sales people say it just to push a sale.

It has been getting topped up several times now. I wouldn’t expect it to disappear anytime soon. There just may be a day or two of inconvenience if someone forgets to refil on time.

For what it’s worth, if the rebate didn’t exist, and knowing what I know now about the car, it wouldn’t have affected my decision to buy.

• Informative
latest graph... steady in the $500k a day range lately. True it's likely to be topped up with potential for inconvenience if it's a couple days late.. but at this pace the budgeted $32M remaining in top ups will be used up in August.

View attachment 410577

for comparison... the period from January 27 to May 1 averaged $117k/day.
100 EV's sold per day in BC, pretty insane numbers. One can't help but wonder what percentage are Model 3's.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 80% or higher. A look on autotrader shows there are almost no EVs available in the province other than a large number of Chevy Bolts, which either are in great supply and selling well, or dealers can’t move them.
Probably accurate with that number. The sales guy in Vancouver claimed nearly 100 M3's sold per day during the first week of the two rebates being available. A friend of mine went to try a Nissan Leaf and Ioniq and was quoted 6-4 months respectively for each car. Quite the wait time, and I thought Tesla was bad. Chevy had some Bolts available, but starting at about 49k for the base one, he (wisely) passed on it.

latest graph... steady in the $500k a day range lately. True it's likely to be topped up with potential for inconvenience if it's a couple days late.. but at this pace the budgeted $32M remaining in top ups will be used up in August.

View attachment 410577

for comparison... the period from January 27 to May 1 averaged $117k/day.
Thanks for sharing. I was thinking about doing a graph like this since I was watching it like the stock market already.

• Funny
Sounds great, DIY is my route too since I don't want to spend huge $ into PPF or hired someone to do ceramics as I know my wife is gonna run into something sooner or later(she goto richmond occasionally and that doesn't help)

Please share your experience with Adams product as I'm consider doing ceramics with my car as well!
Well, delivery day was bittersweet. I did get my pm3 finally, and it did come with dual motor emblem and spoiler!!!! Had not heard of anyone getting one yet. But was rushed through the walkthrough and even though you all warned me, I missed some interior damage and some clear coat scratches. Pouring rain didn't help, got passed off by the guy that took my cheque, and you guys warned well, he took my cheque then interrupted when I was with insurance agent and said he had to go...goodbye cheque! even before I had a chance to check for any damages. Did send pics as soon as possible and appears that they likely knew about it and felt guilty as I apparently have a service centre appointment...no mention of who will be paying but I assume it's them as the damage of the interior was noticed within minutes of departure from the lot but no one left when I returned.

Waiting for Adams guy to clear up a day for me ....don't think it will help the area around the wheels from stone chips....already got one from testing the
IMG_20190521_135819.jpg
acceleration. It was quick, blood ran out of faces.....worth it! Looking into bubble wrap for that area only.

Looks like Richmond or Burnaby in that picture, and no you can't run around with no plate in BC, unless you insure your car in Alberta and have AB plates. Cops will hassle you if you don't mount a front plate, so it's best to do it ASAP and avoid the tickets, no matter how bad it may look.

Cops had a speed trap near Powell service centre on Victoria just a couple blocks south of 1st Ave a couple years ago.. I was going 30 or less in the 30km/h school zone where everyone speeds through.. they pulled me over anyways and ticketed me for no front plate.. go figure, I guess it’s more important to them to have a front plate than to not speed through a school zone..