Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be mindful of the customizable lock sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
So after messing around with the plethora of different lock sounds after this last update 2023.44, I chose not to go “custom”. After a while I realized that my normal “one honk” was no longer there. I fixed it in the settings/locks (see photo).

Attachments

• IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: MikeHawk
Sorry it wasn’t clear from reading this thread whether it’s ever possible to have both a custom lock sound AND the lock confirmation sound - can you manually turn on Lock Confirmation sound after adding a custom lock sound or does it disable the custom sound? I don’t have any custom sounds loaded on my USB drive and am trying to see if it’s worth the hassle.

can you manually turn on Lock Confirmation sound after adding a custom lock sound or does it disable the custom sound

I thought my post above was pretty clear.

If you have a custom lock sound enabled (either built in or from USB), you won't get the "single horn beep on lock" or the "double horn beep on unlock". "Lock Confirmation Sound" will be automatically disabled. You will only get your selected custom sound on lock and no sound on unlock.

If you enable "Lock Confirmation Sound", you will get the single horn beep on lock and the double horn beep on unlock. The custom lock sound will be automatically disabled.

The third option is to disable them both and get no sounds or beeps at all.

Summary: You can have one or the other or neither. You can't have both enabled at the same time.

Last edited: