Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop Custom Lock Sound From Syncing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a weird one.

On my car a 23 MY I have a custom lock sound played from my USB/Sentry cam drive. It works as expected.

On my other car that I don't normally drive, a 22 MY, it received the FSD v12 trial, so I took it out on Saturday for a test drive. The standard lock sound should be enabled.

Ever since then, it brings up an error about the lock sound not being on the drive. I never set it up on the 22 MY as the daily driver of it didn't want to customize it.

Why is it trying to sync the setting? Especially if it can't move over the audio file, which I don't expect it to. This is a setting that shouldn't be syncing at all.

I tried setting it back to the defaults, but it keeps reverting to the customized one. Anyone have a fix for this?

That defeats the entire purpose of having a profile that syncs your settings across vehicles. This is just one setting that shouldn't be synced.
Well Tesla doesn’t let you pick and choose which settings to sync. So your options are install the custom sound on the second car as well or don’t use a cloud profile.

Otherwise you can tweet at Elon until he fixes it