Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Before I Buy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Just about to pull the trigger on a Tesla Model 3 Performance, Black with Black Interior.

Just a couple of questions if you guys can help :)

1. How long is the estimated wait? It's saying September but is that optimistic?
  2. Are the white seat more comfortable than black? are they now the same material but just different colours?
  3. Will the car come with wireless charging or will i need to fit a pad?
  4. At the back, there are two USB A ports for chargers but I've been hearing the new ones are coming with USB C? Can anyone confirm?
  5. How much roughly am i looking at to get the chrome delete in the northwest?
  6. How much roughly am i looking at to get the inside console and dash wrapped in carbon fibre in the northwest?
Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: SmartElectric
Hi Guys,

Just about to pull the trigger on a Tesla Model 3 Performance, Black with Black Interior.

1. How long is the estimated wait? It's saying September but is that optimistic?
  2. Are the white seat more comfortable than black? are they now the same material but just different colours?
  4. At the back, there are two USB A ports for chargers but I've been hearing the new ones are coming with USB C? Can anyone confirm?
  6. How much roughly am i looking at to get the inside console and dash wrapped in carbon fibre in the northwest?

1. Sept/Oct would be a guess - depends whats on the boats and if they match your spec.
2. Same comfort
3. Think it is mentioned somewhere that Cars built from July get it. (Not confirmed)
4. Same as 3
5. DIY around £150 from the likes of Nikola or Kenriko (These are te most popular DIY kits and take around 4-6hrs to DIY)
6. Abstract Ocean - around £50 for centre console and is really easy - just take your time and in the cold! - Dash i think is around £100
7. Of course you can... tesla referral in my profile :p

Hi Guys,

September is possible but they have a quarterly cycle which means they never ship any cars to europe in the last month of a quarter so if you car does not make it onto a boat by the end of August ( for Sept delivery) it will not be shipped until October and you will not get it until November.

I've had my M3P since December 9th. I can tell you that the performance grin does NOT wear off. I still look for excuses to drive it. You may want to look at the Octopus Agile electricity tariff - it costs about £4 to completely charge it (as long as you keep to the low price time window).

I've had my M3P since December 9th. I can tell you that the performance grin does NOT wear off. I still look for excuses to drive it. You may want to look at the Octopus Agile electricity tariff - it costs about £4 to completely charge it (as long as you keep to the low price time window).

IOnly heard good things about the Agile tariff, does it take long to switch over from my current provider?

I've had a quote from the local lecy to fit a tethered ohme charger on thh side of my house next to the meter for £550+Vat - is this reasonable? (I can claim the VAT back as it's a company car)

I need to start looking at all the mods now! :)
- Window tints
- Dechrome
- Dashboard wrap
- Console Wrap

I think thats it so far but happy if anyone's got any recommendations?

P.S. It's my first tesla and my first brand new car,
I've had a old ford fiest as my first car, then a 3 year old bmw 1 series which was fairly quick and now im driving a 20 year old golf gti, however it has heated seats!
Test drove the tesla a week ago and was so impressed!

IOnly heard good things about the Agile tariff, does it take long to switch over from my current provider?

It takes ~3 weeks to switch to Octopus, initially you have to switch to one of the normal tariffs and then after your switch is complete you can ask Octopus to put you on to Agile.

However one crucial requirement is that you must have either a SMETS2 Smart Meter, or a "Secure" brand SMETS1 meter. They can't receive data from any other type at the moment, which precludes the use of the Go or Agile tariffs.

When you're ready to make the switch though don't forget to use a referral code, earns both parties a £50 bill credit!

It takes ~3 weeks to switch to Octopus, initially you have to switch to one of the normal tariffs and then after your switch is complete you can ask Octopus to put you on to Agile afterwards.

However one crucial requirement is that you either have a SMETS2 Smart Meter, or a "Secure" brand SMETS1 meter. They can't receive data from any other type at the moment, which precludes the use of the Go or Agile tariffs.

When you're ready to make the switch though don't forget to use a referral code, earns both parties a £50 bill credit!

Oh dear
I believe i have the smets 1 meter as it's now dumb as i moved to avro (cheapest for me)
I may have to change to a new provider, get them to install a new smart meter (hopefully SMETS2) then change to octopus just before the car arrives...
Need to make sure theres no exit fees and are they even doing smart meter installations with all thats going on.

hmmm

Oh dear
I believe i have the smets 1 meter as it's now dumb as i moved to avro (cheapest for me)
I may have to change to a new provider, get them to install a new smart meter (hopefully SMETS2) then change to octopus just before the car arrives...
Need to make sure theres no exit fees and are they even doing smart meter installations with all thats going on.

hmmm
You can switch to Octopus and request a new SMETS2 meter. You can go on their standard or tracker tarrif while you wait for it to be installed then they will move you to Go or Agile.

Oh dear

hmmm

Try EDFs single base tariff it seems the most competitive... 11p per kWh for a dumb meter and then it’s pretty low If you have a smart meter. Plus their charging period is good.

Octopus have started resuming meter installations in the last few weeks. I switched in Feburary but sadly my meter appointment (for mid-April) ended up cancelled. I was finally able to get my meter installed last week, after watching the appointment tool like a hawk! They switched me over to Agile as of this week.

Forgot to ask and this is really important!

how wide is the tesla model 3 from edge of wing mirror to edge of wing mirror?
I would really appreciate this

We have a wide driveway as you enter and then there is a slighlty narrower bit where I was planning on parking and it's fairly tight!
I just want to make sure i can get it in and the missus normally parks on the wide bit :(