Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bent rear toe link assembly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently brought in our 2017 X into service for an alignment. The service tech indicated both rear toe links were bent, needed to be replaced and would not be covered under warranty. We asked how they could have bent and the tech suggested it likely came from us hitting something. The X has 49k miles and we have never been in any accident of any sort. Not mechanically inclined but a couple other owners waiting on their car's said that didn't seem right. Anybody have any idea? Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately drove 3 hours to the service center just for this and went ahead and got it done. $80 for each part and $575.25 each for installation. We were told they had to drop the subframe to access the toe link, but only 2 bolts each to swap them in. If this was something that we could have caused $575 for each I believe was a bit extreme.

It takes quite a bit of force to bend such toe links and they sure as hell don‘t „just bend“.
I bet someone drove the car backwards a bit too fast and banged onto a sidewalk curb or something, then chose to not tell dad or hubby...

(My son did exactly this, wacking one toe-link of my old Audi by backing into a curb „with enthusiasm...“)