Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Car Insurance for New Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

So today, I set up my Tesla pick up date for next week! I am very excited but I still have to do all the paper work with my bank. I wanted to see if anyone can help or are in a similar situation and could provide insight.
What is the best Tesla car insurance (other than the one that Tesla offers) for a 22 year old male, with no dings on their driving record?

Get a few full coverage quotes now and then compare it with Tesla insurance, most people like and switched to Tesla, I’m with Wawanesa but I think they only cover California & Canada.

Grats and what did you end up buying?

Fred

A 22 year old male is doomed to pay a lot of insurance. I hope that you didn't get the performance, as that would signal the insurance company to add a lot of $$ to rate.
I also hope that you have had insurance under your own policy, not parents.

It is not unforeseeable that insurance payment could be higher than your car payment. You really need to start shopping around and especially work with your existing agent to find some solutions.

Hello,

So today, I set up my Tesla pick up date for next week! I am very excited but I still have to do all the paper work with my bank. I wanted to see if anyone can help or are in a similar situation and could provide insight.
What is the best Tesla car insurance (other than the one that Tesla offers) for a 22 year old male, with no dings on their driving record?
My best advice to you is to contact an independent insurance agent who can provide quotes from several companies. Try to find one who sells Mercury Insurance among the carriers.

Many folks here will offer well-meaning advice based on their personal insurance carrier and policy...but the fact is, only someone who lives near you in San Antonio and is close to your age can offer any concrete numbers for you to compare.

Reactions: garth_angst
My best advice to you is to contact an independent insurance agent who can provide quotes from several companies. Try to find one who sells Mercury Insurance among the carriers.

Many folks here will offer well-meaning advice based on their personal insurance carrier and policy...but the fact is, only someone who lives near you in San Antonio and is close to your age can offer any concrete numbers for you to compare.

Great advice. I’ve worked with an independent agent for years. And when you find a good one they really work to get you a good deal.

Reactions: tvad
Wow thank you for all the reply’s and helpful information! Currently, the lowest I have found is $1,068 per 6 months with Progressive which is 178 per month, I just have to pay it up front.
I will keep looking around but I will most likely go with Progressive.
I ordered the Standard Range Plus so definitely not the performance.
Any of you guys have any experience with Progressive and Tesla?

23 years old male with model 3 performance here. Ameriprise $125/mo for 2 cars, model 3 with full coverage, under my name, in California, with no other bundles. Adding another car to the policy actually helped a lot.

Agree with contacting an independent agent, but also obtain quotes from the major insurers who market mostly direct: State Farm, GEICO, Progressive (Flo), USAA (if eligible), etc.

Go with the cheapest. Insurance is a state-by-state thing.

• Informative
Reactions: whatthe2 and tvad