TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Best Dashcam For 2012 Tesla Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by radiantMemory, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. radiantMemory

radiantMemory New Member

I want to help insure my future Tesla Model S even further by adding a dual-channel dashcam.

I want to gauge your opinions on what the best dashcam brand (BlackVue?) is in your opinion and how to set it up connected to a power source 24/7 even when parked. I've read a couple of articles and some videos and apparently there are 2 uninterrupted sources of power. The OBD-II port and an unused 12v power source hidden above the Bluetooth mic on the center-top of the ceiling of the car.

Just wanted to see if any members here have a dual-channel dashcam setup they'd like to give feedback on.

Thanks!
    Can't wait to start driving my own Model S (signature CPO)!!

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

That's like asking what is the best religion. :)

Personally, I think the Blackvue is over-rated. It's just what everyone automatically buys without considering any other dual-channel dashcam options.

I've now bought two Blacksys CH-100B dual channel dash cams and think they are great. Also a little bit less than the Blackview. Blacksys recently came out with a newer version, I think the CH-200.. but both are great units.

There are a lot of existing threads on dashcams. Try searching the forum, too.

3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I think the folks over at DashCamTalk are very helpful. The Black Vue is the Tesla "go to" it seems like, and I own two, but I have owned better cams. My Street Guardian was much nicer and had way better video quality but, it didn't offer a parking mode or dual channel.