Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Dashcam For 2012 Tesla Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to help insure my future Tesla Model S even further by adding a dual-channel dashcam.

I want to gauge your opinions on what the best dashcam brand (BlackVue?) is in your opinion and how to set it up connected to a power source 24/7 even when parked. I've read a couple of articles and some videos and apparently there are 2 uninterrupted sources of power. The OBD-II port and an unused 12v power source hidden above the Bluetooth mic on the center-top of the ceiling of the car.

Just wanted to see if any members here have a dual-channel dashcam setup they'd like to give feedback on.

Thanks!
Can't wait to start driving my own Model S (signature CPO)!!

That's like asking what is the best religion. :)

Personally, I think the Blackvue is over-rated. It's just what everyone automatically buys without considering any other dual-channel dashcam options.

I've now bought two Blacksys CH-100B dual channel dash cams and think they are great. Also a little bit less than the Blackview. Blacksys recently came out with a newer version, I think the CH-200.. but both are great units.

There are a lot of existing threads on dashcams. Try searching the forum, too.

I think the folks over at DashCamTalk are very helpful. The Black Vue is the Tesla "go to" it seems like, and I own two, but I have owned better cams. My Street Guardian was much nicer and had way better video quality but, it didn't offer a parking mode or dual channel.