Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best email reading/writing solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One should never be reading/writing emails while driving, but many people are nevertheless. Let's not moralize about it in this thread as it does happen every day, but instead, discuss solutions in this thread.

What is the safest and most convenient solution for reading and writing emails while driving a Tesla?

Is there anything better than mounting phone close to field of view with something like Pro Clip: ProClip Center Dash Mount

Is Tesla microphone good enough for dictating email replies or does one need to hold the phone close to mouth for dictation?

Are there any ways of using the 17 screen for emails?

I have always (over a decade) used ProClip for keeping a phone in line of sight for best navigation /Waze, etc. Dictation apps work well also if you can then wait to clean it up when stopped and send your email.

I don’t think the MCU has the power for anything web-based, as we know from the browser issues we’ve seen. Any web page that needs ‘modern’ capabilities isn’t usable.

Unless and until Tesla provides better smartphone integration, you're pretty much stuck with using your smartphone for text message or e-mails.

Other cars (even lower priced cars) have better integration - something I take advantage of when renting ICEs on vacation. And miss when I get back to driving our two Model S cars...