Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Iced Photo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NJ

Attachments

• 2204E76C-C4B8-43E4-8FA9-68797591C9D7.png
    2204E76C-C4B8-43E4-8FA9-68797591C9D7.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 301
Reactions: T-Mom
Hmmm, you are just not going to believe this, and I sure wish I had thought to take a photo with my smartphone..... on our trip to Yellowstone last summer, two horses had their reins tied to a supercharger. I wondered were the owners trying to send a message or just so dumb that they thought it was a hitching post :rolleyes: They were nowhere to be found. Fortunately two other SCs were open and there was a model S on one of them. Wondering if anyone else saw that? End of May 2018.

• Funny
Reactions: davewill
Hmmm, you are just not going to believe this, and I sure wish I had thought to take a photo with my smartphone..... on our trip to Yellowstone last summer, two horses had their reins tied to a supercharger. I wondered were the owners trying to send a message or just so dumb that they thought it was a hitching post :rolleyes: They were nowhere to be found. Fortunately two other SCs were open and there was a model S on one of them. Wondering if anyone else saw that? End of May 2018.

didn't happen if no photo. lol

didn't happen if no photo. lol
like he she said, you dont believe if you dont see. people sure are skeptical these days. i been up there and seen worse. i believe most anything up there.
and hubby says he wonders if it is the family that owns a large ranch near there and known to cause problems blocking traffic and harassing visitors on their little 'horsecapades'

Last edited:
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Last year late at night in Kansas. We were staying at the hotel because it had a SuC. All six stalls blocked. Delayed our departure the next morning until we could find the driver.View attachment 443201
I just created a new thread in the Supercharger section of the forum regarding our recent trip from Colorado to Nashville and back. I posted about ICEing we experienced and the majority of the issues we experienced were of this same hotel chain across Kansas who appears to be ACTIVELY advising people to park ICE vehicles in these spaces. This is a big problem and Tesla needs to do something about shoring up their contractual agreements with the partners where these stalls are located.

I think I would charge my car in that last spot and see how he plans to get the truck out :D
There is no last stall. That's a regular spot. It's only a 6 stall at this location. The parking lot was littered with utility trucks that night so it was easy enough to identify them in the morning. But they don't share keys so they actually had to get the guy out of his hotel room. The hotel was embarrassed that they couldn't help that night. They know it's a draw to have the supercharger there.

Here I am trying to charge at an EVgo location where an ICE and a Model S are blocking the only two spots non-Teslas can use at this location. Ironically, there's a Supercharger with plenty of stalls here, but this Tesla owner obviously just wanted the nice parking space. A LEAF owner and myself had to take turns babysitting our cars parked in the lane to get a charge from the one unit that would reach that far.

The handicapped tag may actually have been a legal justification for parking there, but there were better handicapped spots, IMHO.

Mall security was nice enough to put a violation notice on their cars basically saying "don't do this again", however towing was not on the menu of choices.

Inked20190324_132356_LI.jpg
20190324_132030.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: camthehombre
this is not my photo nor my car, but found this example in the Plugshare entry for a location I've seen frequently ICE'd

IMG_4111.jpg

for context here's what this parking space behind the tiny shopping plaza looks like. In fairness the parking space itself isn't marked on the ground although the dual-head L2 charging station clearly says "EV Charging Only". But it's a narrow space, I wouldn't park my MS there anyhow :)

IMG_4112.jpg