Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best interior aftermarket value upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Im after some inspiration. I want to upgrade my interior but would like your opinions on what the best interior upgrades are. My Tesla is model 3, blue. Im considering a swivel mount for the screen, Alcantara dash cover, maybe some lighting... Would love to hear your thought and or see your upgrades to hopefully inspire me... I also dont have a huge budget...

Hi, Im after some inspiration. I want to upgrade my interior but would like your opinions on what the best interior upgrades are. My Tesla is model 3, blue. Im considering a swivel mount for the screen, Alcantara dash cover, maybe some lighting... Would love to hear your thought and or see your upgrades to hopefully inspire me... I also dont have a huge budget...

This is all HIGHLY subjective.
Model 3 interior is cheap, and plasticky. Anything you can do to hide it (wraps, covers, etc.), might be worthwhile for some, and worthless for others.
The only functional additional you can make is a line-of-sight mounted speedometer/nav screen. Again, of value to some, worthless to others.

If you feel like spending money on something - go for it!

YMMV,
a

This is all HIGHLY subjective.
Model 3 interior is cheap, and plasticky. Anything you can do to hide it (wraps, covers, etc.), might be worthwhile for some, and worthless for others.
The only functional additional you can make is a line-of-sight mounted speedometer/nav screen. Again, of value to some, worthless to others.

If you feel like spending money on something - go for it!

YMMV,
a
100% agree, very subjective, just after some inspiration off what others have done, what they felt was really worthwhile, any mistakes.... Nothing but ideas and experience had really, thanks for your reply.

To expand on above, “value” will be subjective. But if you were asking more about value as in return on investment or retaining money once you sell after having done interior upgrades, I would almost guarantee you will lose that money you put into it. So “value” then is all up to you (coming from someone how has done some significant interior upgrades with carbon fiber).

To each their own... you do this for you, not for resale.

I've covered the wood on the dash with "alcantara"-like sticky stuff from Amazon since it was the only wood in the car and I thought it didn't fit. Cheap upgrade but you do need to take your time to make it look good. There are snap-on covers but they cost significantly more and I would be afraid it would make that part bulge a bit.

The other upgrade I have is S3XY buttons. Not a "visual" upgrade as I've hidden them fairly well to not ruin the interior spartan look but I use the features from time to time.

I thought about a swivel mount but since the latest UI changes I don't feel I need it anymore. The important controls are on the left side now.

Oh, I also have the "performance" pedals, a knock-off copy from Amazon. Maybe newer cars come with nice pedals but my 2020 had crap black pedals.

To expand on above, “value” will be subjective. But if you were asking more about value as in return on investment or retaining money once you sell after having done interior upgrades, I would almost guarantee you will lose that money you put into it. So “value” then is all up to you (coming from someone how has done some significant interior upgrades with carbon fiber).
By value I mean something that doesn't cost too much but is of good quality

To each their own... you do this for you, not for resale.

I've covered the wood on the dash with "alcantara"-like sticky stuff from Amazon since it was the only wood in the car and I thought it didn't fit. Cheap upgrade but you do need to take your time to make it look good. There are snap-on covers but they cost significantly more and I would be afraid it would make that part bulge a bit.

The other upgrade I have is S3XY buttons. Not a "visual" upgrade as I've hidden them fairly well to not ruin the interior spartan look but I use the features from time to time.

I thought about a swivel mount but since the latest UI changes I don't feel I need it anymore. The important controls are on the left side now.

Oh, I also have the "performance" pedals, a knock-off copy from Amazon. Maybe newer cars come with nice pedals but my 2020 had crap black pedals.
Hi GtiMart, this is exactly the type of response I was hoping for.....

Ok so the Alcantara, I was looking at the clip on stuff but thought the same, is the stick on stuff better, has it worked and look good for you?? Do you have an amazon link at all?

When you say swivel mount and the new UI, how do you mean?? Mine is 2019 but I haven't had any UI update as far as I know,

And for the performance pedals, any links?

I put a picture of my dash in this thread along with a link to the item on Amazon (Canada but it gives an idea) in a post lower down. I'm not saying that a sticker is better, but it should be cheaper and can give a good result if you put the effort in. The clip on will definitely be easier :)

My car is a 2020 that I got at the end of 2019. At that point some of the media controls were pretty far to the right. That's when I was thinking of a swivel mount for the screen. It's been a while since we've had most important controls closer to the left (through software updates), sorry if I was misleading. I just don't feel the need to swivel the screen towards me anymore, but YMMV. Maybe I'd like it if I played a lot of games or listened to a lot of movies in the car...

I don't remember where I bought the pedals, doesn't seem like it was Amazon. There are plenty of options from plenty of shops now. Not all look exactly like the performance model 3 (stainless steel with vertical rubber strips) but that's not important. Pick the ones that you like if you fancy that type of thing. I do ...

I think you're talking more about appearance items. I lean more toward the practical stuff - I have a cover for the center armrest because the black armrest in my white interior seemed "wrong". Also, I got a tempered glass screen protector to keep my screen safe. Another item is the organizer set that turns the console bins (especially the deep dark front one) into usable storage. I got aftermarket all-weather floor and trunk mats. Oh, and the little sunglass holder that clips to the sun visor. I also used double-sided tape (which comes off pretty easily) to stick my garage door opener (the little small thin one) to the black plastic windshield camera surround, tucked behind the rearview mirror,

My advice is to not do anything that "leaves a mark". When you eventually sell or trade your Tesla, you need to be able to take it back to stock appearance. Since this kind of stuff is so subjective, you need to remember not everyone will like your mods. So whether it sticks on or screws on, think twice before it leaves a mark when it comes back off.

I have ambient lights, display mounted on the steering column, 2K front dashcam, and rear display.

Attachments

• signal-2024-02-28-09-54-24-979.jpg
    signal-2024-02-28-09-54-24-979.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 9