Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best roof rack and hard shell “coffin”?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey gang,

50221FA3-4545-48BD-82C4-3AB177A22648.jpeg

Any opinions on the best roof rack system and luggage box that will fit my ‘14 Model S with Pano roof? I’ve read about careful installation to not mount hooks as to crack the glass, and I presume I will not be able to open the top while the bars are installed.

The attached image is what I’m considering purchasing. Seem decent?

Thanks. Is there a Tesla roof box as well? Or are you referring to just the roof rack system?
Just the bars, which are one piece and thus avoid the need for foot-packs, towers, and bars of the aftermarket systems. I did remove the manufacturer name from my box in favor of some Tesla logos but that’s purely for aesthetics.

Best option is the OEM Tesla spec IMO — clean, simple, aerodynamic and fits like a glove. Good luck.

And I just noticed when ordering from Tesla's shop site - the roof rack it has says "Model S vehicles with a Glass Roof built before 2019 must be retrofitted for roof rack compatibility". As I meet these requirements (2014 glass roof MS), do I need to purchase an adapter kit? As my car sits now it has the 4 flip up panels with receptacles in them...