Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ski Rack - suction cups?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WllXM

May 4, 2022
London
Preparing for an upcoming holiday in the Alps, I've been looking for an appropriate ski rack for my MY.

I don't want to fit the OEM Roof Bars because 1) they're ugly and 2) I only have use for them a couple times in the year.
I don't intend to use a roof box either.

I stumbled upon this alternative to fitting cross bars from Treefrog using... suction cups for the panoramic glass roof :

And conveniently featuring a Tesla using it :

1701789124957.png

Any one had experience with those or similar?

What are your thoughts on purely relying on suction cup to attach a load to the roof? I mean this looks EU approved, but I'm not 100% convinced that these can hold as well as something properly bolted to the car?

Last edited:
I have used SeaSucker brand board racks on a Spark EV and a Model S . I have had 12' windsurfer, 7' foil board and a bike attached to the rack on separate occasions. Travelled from Toronto to the east coast - 1,100 miles . No problems . I checked the rack to roof connections while charging . tiny bit of vacuum lost on one cup a few times . I just pressed the thumb plunger a few times to increase the suction.

Reactions: WllXM