Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best setup for two tesla charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To
Clarify if i buy two new tesla wall connectors can they be on one 60 amp circuit and load share/shed?
Yes, eventually. To date Tesla has not released the firmware for the V3 Wall Connector that will enable load sharing.

The earlier model Wall Connector supported load sharing but handled the signaling between the Wall Connectors using a dedicated signaling wire connection instead of WiFi.

You could install one Wall Connector now and pre-wire for the second Wall Connector leaving the unused wires capped off. If you decide to add the second Wall Connector once Tesla supports load sharing it would a simple job for an electrician to install the second Wall Connector.

Last edited:
Btw thanks to everyone here w such detailed posts. Debate now is 14-50 x2 vs two tesla wall chargers

Does your electric panel have space for two more 60 amp circuits? If you already have a 60 amp AC and a 60 amp hot tub or something, you may be rather close to the max of your panel. You also hardly ever need 50 amp vs 30 amp. I would consider dropping at least one down to 30 amp.

Here is my setup. One 50 amp breaker in the basement (largest that I could use), disconnect above chargers (probably not required, but convenient), and 2 HPWC (old version). I connected the 2 chargers for load balancing in below conduit (40 amp max). Just wanted to show another setup....might be better setups, but works great.

upload_2021-2-13_16-23-32.png

three 60 amp dedicated circuits - 2 Elon signature chargers gen 2 - 1 gen 3 charger. 1 model Y - 1 model 3. 1 cyber truck on order.... I was going to run 1 100amp and have it load balance between the 2 teslas - but decided to run 3 60's.. You cannot load balance between 2 ben 2 chargers and one gen 3 charger as the gen 2 chargers use a com line to communicate and load balance whereas the ben 3 charger uses wifi. So - you can link multiple gen 2's and share a circuit OR multiple get 3's but cannot mix. I renovated the garage so all the copper is run in the walls for a clean install....

Attachments

• IMG_3447.jpeg
    IMG_3447.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3449.jpeg
    IMG_3449.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3446.jpeg
    IMG_3446.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    757.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    641.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Love
Reactions: Acps110 and gundarx
Does your electric panel have space for two more 60 amp circuits? If you already have a 60 amp AC and a 60 amp hot tub or something, you may be rather close to the max of your panel. You also hardly ever need 50 amp vs 30 amp. I would consider dropping at least one down to 30 amp.
I have a 2x150 amp and 50 amp subpanel with extra panel for generator so space exists but trying to stay cost effective so maybe the two 14-50s cheaper as electrician saying cant do two gen 3 one single circuit

three 60 amp dedicated circuits - 2 Elon signature chargers gen 2 - 1 gen 3 charger. 1 model Y - 1 model 3. 1 cyber truck on order.... I was going to run 1 100amp and have it load balance between the 2 teslas - but decided to run 3 60's.. You cannot load balance between 2 ben 2 chargers and one gen 3 charger as the gen 2 chargers use a com line to communicate and load balance whereas the ben 3 charger uses wifi. So - you can link multiple gen 2's and share a circuit OR multiple get 3's but cannot mix. I renovated the garage so all the copper is run in the walls for a clean install....
What the link to the wall art? What about the colors? I would love to do the same to my garage. I was thinking of getting the latest wall units. I read it recommending to run a 100 amp sub panel than individual 60 amp breaker’s from there to each wall unit