Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Trip Logger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to be able to have a comprehensive list of all my trips with details of locations, dates, etc. Tried visibletesla so far with no luck (it's not showing the trips I took already even though settings set to "all").

Is there an app out there that is reliable? I know there are OBD-II dongles that you can use in most cars that are made for trip logging. Wonder if anyone has any experience with something like this with their Tesla?

I'd like to be able to have a comprehensive list of all my trips with details of locations, dates, etc. Tried visibletesla so far with no luck (it's not showing the trips I took already even though settings set to "all").

Is there an app out there that is reliable? I know there are OBD-II dongles that you can use in most cars that are made for trip logging. Wonder if anyone has any experience with something like this with their Tesla?
Try TeslaFi.com.

Try Everlance

If you're looking for something to show trips you already took, I think you may be out of luck.

All of the Tesla options I know of work by polling the car/MyTesla periodically and assembling the results, so they'd only work for future trips.

I agree with both of you:) Believe it or not the Tesla rep that walked me through the car when I picked it up at Fremont told me I could access 6 months of my driving records on my Tesla account page.
Wonder if one of the OBD-II dongles that tie into trip logging software would work with a Tesla? Has anyone tried it? Teslafi and apps like that wouldn't work if they need to be running during my trip, as my trips sometimes involved me taking my laptop with me.

I agree with both of you:) Believe it or not the Tesla rep that walked me through the car when I picked it up at Fremont told me I could access 6 months of my driving records on my Tesla account page.
Wonder if one of the OBD-II dongles that tie into trip logging software would work with a Tesla? Has anyone tried it? Teslafi and apps like that wouldn't work if they need to be running during my trip, as my trips sometimes involved me taking my laptop with me.
Could they have said that they keep records (logs) of your cars activity for 6 months and have access to it but not meaning you did.
Don't understand you last comment. Apps like TeslaFi are logging all the time and has nothing to do with you taking and using your laptop.

Teslafi needs to by running on my computer for it to log the information? Or just the fact that I've signed up is enough for it to constantly monitor my car?
They specifically said 6 months driving history accessible by me. Said that I should be able to have access to it for that period of time. There were several questions I had that she wasn't able to answer, so I am just assuming that she wasn't too knowledgeable.

Teslafi needs to by running on my computer for it to log the information? Or just the fact that I've signed up is enough for it to constantly monitor my car?
They specifically said 6 months driving history accessible by me. Said that I should be able to have access to it for that period of time. There were several questions I had that she wasn't able to answer, so I am just assuming that she wasn't too knowledgeable.
Yep, it just runs in the cloud. You don't have to do anything. At some point you may notice some "phantom" battery loss because it polls your car frequently keeping it awake but there are settings you can play with to adjust that.