Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware, LONG wait time for TESLA Body Shop Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Literally have not had my brand new X for 3 weeks now because of the Sunnyvale Service. What a joke. I had to argue for a crap model s loaner as they were going to give me a Kia. I escalated and nothing helped. Trying Santa Clara next time
You escalated to get the S? Or to do what? It sounds crappy what you had to go through. I'm curious what you were complaining about specifically, and what you mean by nothing helped

You escalated to get the S? Or to do what? It sounds crappy what you had to go through. I'm curious what you were complaining about specifically, and what you mean by nothing helped

Yea basically they want to give me an Enterprise car that wasn’t a Tesla as a loaner. I didn’t feel that was right since the problems my car came with were all under warranty 2 weeks post delivery. It’s a 130k car with 3k monthly payments. I simply stated that I wanted a like for like vehicle has a loner and to put me on a list for a Tesla whenever they had one available. Once I said that, I had an option of a Tesla Model S 60D. Still felt like I should have an X loaner. At car dealerships like BMW and Porsche, they give you a car that’s like for like or even better.

My exact problems are detailed in a post under the model X build quality thread if you care to see! Took us a couple weeks but things are better. Some of the issues I had they still don’t believe are real so that’s down the road.

Overall I am surprised they don’t have a dedicated loaner fleet of Preformance vehicles

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Yea basically they want to give me an Enterprise car that wasn’t a Tesla as a loaner. I didn’t feel that was right since the problems my car came with were all under warranty 2 weeks post delivery. It’s a 130k car with 3k monthly payments. I simply stated that I wanted a like for like vehicle has a loner and to put me on a list for a Tesla whenever they had one available. Once I said that, I had an option of a Tesla Model S 60D. Still felt like I should have an X loaner. At car dealerships like BMW and Porsche, they give you a car that’s like for like or even better.

My exact problems are detailed in a post under the model X build quality thread if you care to see! Took us a couple weeks but things are better. Some of the issues I had they still don’t believe are real so that’s down the road.

Overall I am surprised they don’t have a dedicated loaner fleet of Preformance vehicles
Glad you at least got a tesla loaner. I'm not really surprised to be honest, since they're still in a shortage mode. Feels like it's the same reason why they can't get parts in any reasonable amount of time, because they're using all the bumpers on new cars they're making instead of fixing damaged vehicles in accidents :(

I do hope they build up a fleet of loaner vehicles though. Good luck!

Reactions: Nrazar
My Tesla has been in the shop for a fender damage since the beginning of August 2022. It’s now September 21st and still waiting on parts to arrive. I will not purchase another Tesla. They don’t care about their customers.