Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got BFGoodrich Comp2 A/S Tires put on the LR RWD Model 3

Didn't see much about them on these forums other than someone put them on a Model S a while back

Will update this thread with any useful info as we put miles on them

IMG_20190819_122956.jpg

Reactions: Ryephile and anti
held a flat edge across the tire and it looks like you get a very small amount (about 2-3mm) of rim protection, better than nothing I suppose - too bad our wheels are already rashed up from careless city driving/parking...

interested to see range effects more than anything else, right now they feel like they ride as good or better than the OEM Michelin MXM4 but then again all new tires will feel better than the older ones being replaced

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_082142.jpg
    IMG_20190820_082142.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: Watts_Up
So what kind of efficiency are you seeing compared to before? And any road noise difference?

Only about 500 mi so far... I'd say initial impression is that road noise is a bit more but not so much that its bothersome thankfully & more at lower speed. Drive feel is very good, but new shoes always feel better than old

Efficiency not clear yet, reset a mileage counter when we put them on and so as far it's about the same as the counter w 17000+ miles (257 wh/mi)

Getting an alignment check this week and will update with any efficiency issues as we use them long term. My gut guess is they'll fall somewhere between 'eco' OEM 18" Michelins and the 19" w sport rims

Any updates? Looking for some new tires that don't diminish the efficiency without breaking the bank.

Update so far: We're up to about 6000 miles

Efficiency right now is 260 Wh/mi so still about the same as our overall lifetime average, however haven't been through a winter season yet, so this is sure to drop. I'll be happy if we come out of winter with 275-280 Wh/mi average. That would mean these are about a 7-8% less efficient tire range wise. Not great. Will update after winter with what we actually get

They are wearing much better than the factory tires so far - barely any noticable

Road noise would rate just OK, certainly not quieter than the Michelin. In the summer they actually sounded a little sticky at low speed with windows down

I like the aesthetic of them and they handle slightly better than the OEM - rain/wet traction in particular

Probably will try something different next time - if these last the full 45k tread life may consider them again

Current rating 3.5/5

Reactions: Ryephile
Update so far: We're up to about 6000 miles

Efficiency right now is 260 Wh/mi so still about the same as our overall lifetime average, however haven't been through a winter season yet, so this is sure to drop. I'll be happy if we come out of winter with 275-280 Wh/mi average. That would mean these are about a 7-8% less efficient tire range wise. Not great. Will update after winter with what we actually get

They are wearing much better than the factory tires so far - barely any noticable

Road noise would rate just OK, certainly not quieter than the Michelin. In the summer they actually sounded a little sticky at low speed with windows down

I like the aesthetic of them and they handle slightly better than the OEM - rain/wet traction in particular

Probably will try something different next time - if these last the full 45k tread life may consider them again

Current rating 3.5/5
I had these on my previous car, a Mazda 3. They were average to good when new but as the tread wear increased, the road noise became horrible. Also, it seemed the rolling resistance became very high.
I thought I had stuck brake calipers. Had the entire brake system checked out, including replacing the calipers/pads/rotors.
I got new tires as the Goodrich were low on tread anyways and all my problems went away.
Swore I would never get those tires again.

• Informative
Reactions: therearedays
Considering these for my LR RWD with 23k miles (). Any notable changes after 5 months?

now up to 11K miles - review above still stands. Wearing well vs. OEM Michelin (though i think we got a bad OEM set) - Efficiency still seems like 5% or so drop (mild winter so far), with the drop being more noticeable at highway speeds of 75 - 80 mph which makes sense.

I had these on my previous car, a Mazda 3. They were average to good when new but as the tread wear increased, the road noise became horrible. Also, it seemed the rolling resistance became very high.
I thought I had stuck brake calipers. Had the entire brake system checked out, including replacing the calipers/pads/rotors.
I got new tires as the Goodrich were low on tread anyways and all my problems went away.
Swore I would never get those tires again.

Can see concerns about road noise - esp when the only noise is either wind or tires, hopefully doesn't get significantly worse over time night now they're OK. Don't think I would recommend these to someone if they're looking for quieter tires. Also the rolling resistance/ braking thing makes sense although less noticeable in the electric car b/c of the torque and regen. High RR likely adds to noise level as well.

Reactions: Joelc
now up to 11K miles - review above still stands. Wearing well vs. OEM Michelin (though i think we got a bad OEM set) - Efficiency still seems like 5% or so drop (mild winter so far), with the drop being more noticeable at highway speeds of 75 - 80 mph which makes sense.

Can see concerns about road noise - esp when the only noise is either wind or tires, hopefully doesn't get significantly worse over time night now they're OK. Don't think I would recommend these to someone if they're looking for quieter tires. Also the rolling resistance/ braking thing makes sense although less noticeable in the electric car b/c of the torque and regen. High RR likely adds to noise level as well.
So by now I imagine you've replaced the tires again--did you go back to Michelin's? Why or why not? Would love to hear how this entire experience played out for you.