Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big day! Red Sled (working title) just got chrome delete, tint and 5% more power!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

e-FTW

New electron smell
Aug 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Man, this is awesome.

Just picked it up from OC Detailing in Fremont CA, they did a satin black 3M 1080 vinyl chrome delete and 3M Crystalline tint (50% fronts, 40% back).
Then after I get home, I get a notification that a software update is available for my car. Yay 5% more power, higher top speed, etc.
Oh, and I got the rear wing installed by Tesla last Friday. At home.

Again, this is awesome!

IMG_0786.jpg

Next up is badges coming off, front half PPF, black wheels...

I got a black Tesla logo decal from Abstract Ocean: Model 3 Logo Decals (Front)
The back will be black Tesla lettering: "TESLA" Badging for Model 3

Your car looks great! So does the spoiler. On my white 3 after the full frontal PPF I showed up with a new T emblem for the hood. $35. He suggested I live without it for a while. Still sitting on the shelf 8 months later. Don’t think I’ll re-install it:

13B78D27-3AA1-4541-AA00-AE008906D317.jpeg

Reactions: e-FTW
I'm curious what you think with the chrome edges.

I was thinking about Plasti dipping mine and the dual motor badge so that I don't have to remove anything.
I agree that plasti-dip might be a better fix for those that cannot un-see the edges of the badge. Maybe I just put the decal straight on the car (on top of the PPF). Or as @03DSG did, not put one on at all.

My dual-motor badging is staying in the bag.

Reactions: 03DSG
I agree that plasti-dip might be a better fix for those that cannot un-see the edges of the badge. Maybe I just put the decal straight on the car (on top of the PPF). Or as @03DSG did, not put one on at all.

My dual-motor badging is staying in the bag.

Man, did we walk down the same thought path. Left is the Tesla OEM front emblem, right is Abstact Ocean’s T decal. Both to remain uninstalled:

07D8E049-D209-488B-90C8-E4A8AA490137.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: XLR82XS and e-FTW