Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Hello from Denmark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been a model S owner since September 15 and Tesla (& SpaceX) has become my new obsession. I'm not alone I believe.
Daily reading of the US, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and German Tesla fora has become a part of my life as well as Reddit and Elons tweets.
Now it is time to participate in the discussions and I have a lot of things on my mind.
A bit of background: I'm an electrical engineer (semiretired) with a 20 year history of designing og programming vision systems i.e. camera/computer integration for quality control and robotics purposes.
So naturally the Autopilot function is one of the things that really has grabbed my attention.
I know all about "corner cases" so to speak.
This subject could well be what I mostly wish to comment on.
Apart from that I truly believe that my new car is the best money can buy.
I enjoy driving it - it's just a technological piece of art - and eye-candy on top of that.
As you may know - luxury cars are heavily taxed in Denmark - the government needs the extra money.
Now EV's are being taxed gradually like any other cars. In a few years there will be no incentives whatsoever.
So the future for Tesla in Denmark looks bleak at the moment but this could hopefully change with model 3.
However before this new legislation was introduced Tesla did extremely well and in December last year Model S was the best selling car model here.
Especially where I live there is an abundance of model S's. Can't even drive to the nearest supermarket without meeting 2 or 3 other Tesla's.
I'm looking forward to contributing to this interesting forum.

Reactions: nico180