Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Ipswich, UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi chaps,

I will be taking delivery of a 2017 Tesla Model S P100D towards the end of next week. So I thought I'd join here and have a look around.

I live in Ipswich in the UK, and this will be my first fully electric car. I'm a long time sports car owner - having had things like 300zx, TVR Tuscan, BMW M Roadster, Jaguar F-type and currently a BMW i8 protonic yellow edition (plugin hybrid)

The tesla will be joining the i8 as an additional daily driver. Basically I sold my M Roadster that I'd owned for 18 years - for 50% more than I bought it for 18 years ago. I have always like having 2 cars for variety, and after it was sold, I just got hung up on P100Ds being such a good deal now - £135k+ vehicles for under 40k - for crazy performance/fun plus a chance to play with some wacky tesla tech.

The car I'm buying has the MCU2 and CCS upgrade, sunrooof, 21" turbines and is blue with white fake leather. It's been well looked after but is high milage for the age at 109K. However the dealer is having it checked over by Tesla Service centre next week so anything needing doing gets done. It's high milage days are over now, as I'll only be doing 3-4k miles a year split between the i8 and tesla. However I will be looking forward to a fair few 0-60 demos for my mates I must admit :)

I've been reading up on everything tesla, and everything model S, but still lots to learn. Hoping to learn more on this forum.

Other interests - astrophotography, photography, videography, paramotoring, other adventure sports, electronics, maker stuff (3d printing, laser cutting, etc), and my wee jack russell - Skye.