Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Island Meet-Ups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a good meet earlier today, despite the short notice. We had 2 Model X, 2 Model S, and a Roadster. (A MS 100D did a drive-buy.) There was also a Kia Soul EV, a BMW i3, a Chevy Bolt, and a couple of NISSAN LEAFs.

Importantly, we had some guests who expressed interest in EVs, including the Tesla Model X!

Here are some images.
Noel

IMG_2190.jpg IMG_2192.jpg IMG_2195.jpg IMG_2201.jpg IMG_2206.jpg IMG_2209.jpg IMG_E2189.jpg

How do you guys get your cars serviced on the Big Island.

Honolulu sends a Ranger to perform the services. They maintain some supplies and equipment in storage here and fly in to address the repairs and maintenance items. The service is done at home or some agree-upon location. (We've had ours done at our home.)

For major repairs (battery, motor), the vehicles are shipped to Honolulu. Some of the Big Island owners have had to do this but Tesla makes it hassle-free - they assist with shipping details and provide loaners (generally rentals but occasionally another Tesla, depending on the duration of the downtime).

At some point, I expect that we'll have a Ranger on the island. It appears to be dependent on the number of vehicles in service. With the Model 3, I expect that we'll see an escalation of adoption.

Honolulu sends a Ranger to perform the services. They maintain some supplies and equipment in storage here and fly in to address the repairs and maintenance items. The service is done at home or some agree-upon location. (We've had ours done at our home.)

For major repairs (battery, motor), the vehicles are shipped to Honolulu. Some of the Big Island owners have had to do this but Tesla makes it hassle-free - they assist with shipping details and provide loaners (generally rentals but occasionally another Tesla, depending on the duration of the downtime).

At some point, I expect that we'll have a Ranger on the island. It appears to be dependent on the number of vehicles in service. With the Model 3, I expect that we'll see an escalation of adoption.
Thanks, it is good to know they are taking care of you"

Aloha Big Island Tesla owners - the Big Island EV Association is hosting our February Coffee and EV meet-up at the Kona Coffee and Tea this Saturday (FEB3). If you're in the area, join us. We're attempting to host monthly meet-ups to get the EV message out and to facilitate knowledge sharing among our EV owners. Tom Kraft, a Model S owner, will be hosting.

Event details.

Noel

Reactions: nanimac
We recently hosted a Coffee and EV meet-up in Hawi. One of our members brought a Model 3 - one of the first on the island. Pictures from our event can be found at: Coffee and EV Meet-Up at Kohala Coffee Mill Recap

Next up - Earth Day Fair at UH Hilo (April 20, 9am-2pm). We'll bring a Model S and the Roadster to this event. We'll also have an EV education booth and will be sharing information with students and their guests. If you happen to be in the area, visit us.

• Love
Reactions: nanimac and Akikiki