Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big: screen freezes and crashes after radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What software level are you on? Does this happen every time you make that switch or just some of the time? I have not run into this myself - but I rarely find myself in that situation - as I mostly listen to either podcasts off my phone or the streaming music - haven't listened to FM in a while...will try to remember to see if I can duplicate - right now I am on SW level 48.12.

What software level are you on? Does this happen every time you make that switch or just some of the time? I have not run into this myself - but I rarely find myself in that situation - as I mostly listen to either podcasts off my phone or the streaming music - haven't listened to FM in a while...will try to remember to see if I can duplicate - right now I am on SW level 48.12.

I am on version 2018.48.12.1. Seems to happen both times that I. Made the switch from FM to streaming

My screen crashes once a trip, and sometimes when I'm parked. Even had the screen reset while EAP engaged, and pleasantly surprised EAP was still active. 2018.48.12.1. Taking car into SC next week for other issues, will let you know how they respond.

I'm getting to the point now that I'm actively avoiding hitting the radio button. Pressed it by accident yesterday and low and behold my speedometer froze..

PRO TIP: If you ever get pulled over, freeze your speedometer right before the police come knock'n.

M3 MCU crashes varying amounts per trip. Sometimes it’s as often as once every 5 minutes. Other times won’t happen at all. Delivered in November -18. Service took my car for a week and response was it was software and “a known issue”.

Glad to see I’m not the only one out there.

Wish I could say the same. Currently mine in at SC for two issues:

Screen reboot - which happened during test drive at SC. Brought in time log of how often it occurs.

Loud scraping sounds with an occasional pop. Sounds like metal on metal, clearly timed with rotation of tires. Strong vibration at freeway speeds.

My 12/18 build M3 had a really "crashy" touchscreen (E.g. Mine would reboot several times on a 10 minute drive), and Tesla determined the MCU needed a replacement. It has been several days since the replacement, and it has been smooth sailing since. Anyone out there who is getting the reboot issue, ask your local service center/service manager to have the Tesla diagnostics team review the vehicle logs for a failing MCU. They can do this remotely, if you give them some recent timestamps of the reboots.

Attachments

• IMG_20190311_095541.jpg
    IMG_20190311_095541.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 72