Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bikes crossing the road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bicycles show up in the visualization on my car using FSDb 11.3.6 (firmware 2023.12.10). Sometimes they show up as pedestrians if they are foreshortened due to the angle they make with the camera. On my last couple of trips we saw at least 3 or 4 bicycles. The car is very careful about passing them sometimes going well under the speed limit to avoid passing.

Unfortunately (and embarrassingly) the car will sometimes use an empty bike line if it's about to make a right turn.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately (and embarrassingly) the car will sometimes use an empty bike line if it's about to make a right turn.
FWIW, That’s what you are supposed to do in CA. From the DMV manual:

”Right turns–To make a right turn, drive close to the right edge of the road. If there is a bike lane, drive into the bike lane no more than 200 feet before the turn. …”

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam
Upvote 0
FWIW, That’s what you are supposed to do in CA. From the DMV manual:

”Right turns–To make a right turn, drive close to the right edge of the road. If there is a bike lane, drive into the bike lane no more than 200 feet before the turn. …”
Thanks! That makes sense. My car was blocking the bike lane while waiting for a light where the car was planning to turn right. Is that what you're supposed to do in CA? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious. I felt uncomfortably blocking the bike lane and I'm grateful that no bikes wanted to get by.

Upvote 0
Thanks! That makes sense. My car was blocking the bike lane while waiting for a light where the car was planning to turn right. Is that what you're supposed to do in CA? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious. I felt uncomfortably blocking the bike lane and I'm grateful that no bikes wanted to get by.
Yes, that is what you are supposed to do in California. That prevents you from hitting a cyclist as they try to pass you on the right as you make your right turn.

Reactions: BitJam
Upvote 0
As a cyclist myself, it freaked me out when a guy rode his bike in crossing lane in front of my car at a stop sign and my screen showed NOTHING! Not FSD and I was at a stop sign, but not as I would expect it to be. He was in the right of way, but SHEEESH! I don’t know if it gets anywhere, but I posted a BUG REPORT. Is that a thing anymore?

Upvote 0