Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bill of sale template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm in the process of buying a car from a private seller and I want to make sure we have a proper bill of sale in place. Can anyone recommend a template that I can use or share any tips on what to include? I want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Thank you!

I would recommend checking with the DMV where you plan to register the vehicle before you do anything else. I used to have my own that I found online that I would use for all of my car purchases and sales.

My county DMV began requiring the use of their own specific bill of sale. My guess is they got a few too many chicken scratch on bar napkins as a bill of the sale and decided to require their own specific document that had all the relevant information they required. Subsequently, they put it online so that you can download it.

Even if your DMV doesn't require a specific one they might provide one on their county website to make your life easier.

Reactions: android04
I would recommend checking with the DMV where you plan to register the vehicle before you do anything else. I used to have my own that I found online that I would use for all of my car purchases and sales.

My county DMV began requiring the use of their own specific bill of sale. My guess is they got a few too many chicken scratch on bar napkins as a bill of the sale and decided to require their own specific document that had all the relevant information they required. Subsequently, they put it online so that you can download it.

Even if your DMV doesn't require a specific one they might provide one on their county website to make your life easier.
Thanks

i cant speak for other countries but in the states there is a blank bill of sale on the DMV website. I'm gonna assume you have a DMV over there do they not have anything on their website.
Also the pink slip has all the info that goes on a bill of sale so normally i don't even bother with a bill of sale and just fill out the stuff on the pink slip and that's more than sufficient for the new owner to register the vehicle. Again check with your local vehicle licensing department as they should have the info you need to have a successful transfer of ownership.