Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bird Doo Doo Boo Boo Finally Got Me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They create multiple variations of nearly identical products to trick enthusiasts into thinking they need five of essentially the same product. Do they have a some products that are good? Sure. But when you're making two dozen different car washes -- that customer support can't even tell you the different between -- you better hope at least one is a hit.

They filter out reviews on their website from actual customers who do not leave glowing ratings. I've seen plenty of people on detailing forums have to wait 2-4 weeks to receive a response to an email for help.

There are plenty of other brands that offer better products for cheaper. There's a reason why no professional detailer respects them.

I agree with you that they have way too many products and that it does take some reading and research to find the gold nuggets among their products, but there are indeed several gold nuggets. I still have a very favorable view of Chemical Guys because I have had direct experience with them. When I ordered products, they came ahead of schedule. I have emailed them with questions and they have replied to me within 24 hours. And again your "all or nothing" negative statement about "no professional detailer" liking any of their products is just plain wrong. For example, I have seen glowing reviews of VRP tire dressing from multiple professional detailers.

Keep in mind people online say all sorts of negative things about Tesla. Does that mean that there is not a single happy Tesla customer out there? Of course not.

Reactions: TyH2009
I agree with you that they have way too many products and that it does take some reading and research to find the gold nuggets among their products, but there are indeed several gold nuggets. I still have a very favorable view of Chemical Guys because I have had direct experience with them. When I ordered products, they came ahead of schedule. I have emailed them with questions and they have replied to me within 24 hours. And again your "all or nothing" negative statement about "no professional detailer" liking any of their products is just plain wrong. For example, I have seen glowing reviews of VRP tire dressing from multiple professional detailers.

Keep in mind people online say all sorts of negative things about Tesla. Does that mean that there is not a single happy Tesla customer out there? Of course not.

Look, I'm really not trying to start a back and forth about Chemical Guys on OPs thread. I was simply pointing out to OP that if they do go with a DIY route that there are universally agreed upon better options for less money. If you want to continue this on a more appropriate detailing forum, such as AutoGeek Online, then we can do so. :p But the fact remains that they do nothing but pump out variation upon variation of almost identical products just try and fool people into thinking they need five different car washes.

It's clear we are not going to come to a consensus on this. Agree to disagree.

Look, I'm really not trying to start a back and forth about Chemical Guys on OPs thread. I was simply pointing out to OP that if they do go with a DIY route that there are universally agreed upon better options for less money. If you want to continue this on a more appropriate detailing forum, such as AutoGeek Online, then we can do so. :p But the fact remains that they do nothing but pump out variation upon variation of almost identical products just try and fool people into thinking they need five different car washes.

It's clear we are not going to come to a consensus on this. Agree to disagree.

Yep, I'm all for a friendly "agree to disagree". Thanks for a lively discussion.