Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bjørn,

I think your idea to drive the X and sell the P90DL immediately for best resale price is good. If you want to do a P90DL video you will have an X P90DL and could borrow a S P90DL if needed.

I also like your idea of renting out the Millennium Falcon. That could be an income stream and you could continue to report on long term durability and out-of-warranty service. Perhaps a trusted friend in Oslo would help, as there will be more tourists arriving there. In fact I just might fly to Oslo and spend a week or two driving the Millennium Falcon in Norway and Europe. That would be an AWESOME vacation!

Of course, if the income from rentals doesn't cover your expenses, then sell it.

GSP

Thanks for the input, guys :)
Hi Björn,
If you are seriously considering renting out the Millennium Falcon, I am going to Norway this July, for 3 a week European road trip. Searched online and called the rental agencies, no Teslas were available at the airports :confused: so ended up booking a BMW. Can still be canceled though. I'd much rather drive Tesla and give my money to you than to a fossil rental agency:smile:

I assume he isn't willing to do it yet, as it's still his only car. (Though maybe in July?) Avis has several Model S, if you haven't talked to them.

Thanks, yes I spoke to Avis, they only have them in Oslo sentrum, not at Gardemoen. To complicate matters further we fly into CPH Denmark and end in Gardemoen Norway, so I'm starting to realize this is an extreme long shot.

Not any more. Gifts and inheritance are now tax-free, but you will have to enter them in your tax return.

But, are you sure this will be considered a gift?

Edit: Except gifts from the employer, which will be counted as wages.
That is good news is the prizes can fall under that. Tesla's lawyers are on the case.

Bjørn,

I think your idea to drive the X and sell the P90DL immediately for best resale price is good. If you want to do a P90DL video you will have an X P90DL and could borrow a S P90DL if needed.

I also like your idea of renting out the Millennium Falcon. That could be an income stream and you could continue to report on long term durability and out-of-warranty service. Perhaps a trusted friend in Oslo would help, as there will be more tourists arriving there. In fact I just might fly to Oslo and spend a week or two driving the Millennium Falcon in Norway and Europe. That would be an AWESOME vacation!

Of course, if the income from rentals doesn't cover your expenses, then sell it.

GSP
Yes, I also considered letting a friend in Oslo rent it out for me. Oslo has more people and potentially more customers. However, the number of cars available there is also high. So for now I will try Bodø since there are almost no Teslas available for rent here. And because of recent introduction of toll roads in the city, people became more interested in EVs because they don't pay toll roads.

Hi Björn,
If you are seriously considering renting out the Millennium Falcon, I am going to Norway this July, for 3 a week European road trip. Searched online and called the rental agencies, no Teslas were available at the airports :confused: so ended up booking a BMW. Can still be canceled though. I'd much rather drive Tesla and give my money to you than to a fossil rental agency:smile:
We'll have to see if I have the car then. The plan is to try and rent out the Millennium Falcon for a month or two. If it doesn't work out then I have to sell it.

Hi Bjorn! Nice demo of this feature!

In your video you say you lost 50km per week with energy saving function enabled, and 20km otherwise! Did I get that correctly or I misunderstood it?

Last time I went to -10 degrees climate I lost 20km the first 24h and then approx 10km per day!