TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Blackvue Installers in South Florida?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Fred Drake, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Fred Drake

Fred Drake Member

Hi guys,

Does anybody recommend a Blackvue camera installer in South Florida? My personal preference is the Palm Beach or Broward area, but can drive down to Miami-Dade if necessary. Thank you!

2. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    take a road trip to the west coast and we'll be happy to take care of you ;)

3. Fred Drake

Fred Drake Member

It's a 3.5 hour drive for me (not counting the supercharger stop in Ft. Myers), but don't think I haven't considered this! Approximately how long does it take to perform the installation? When I had my NVX Boost installed it took a full day (about eight hours, including a lunch hour break).

4. First Impression

On a Model S we can have 2 guys working on it and have it done in about 4-5hrs (maybe sooner)

5. Crackem

Crackem Member

Anyone find an installer in dade or broward?

6. sflecarfan

sflecarfan Member

Still hoping someone can recommend an installer in the Dade or Broward area as well. Though I've had my X for several months now and I just may have to deal and drive to First Impression.

7. LeoJ

LeoJ Member

I recommend googling your area for a sound/audio company, which has a busy store front business, and installs audio systems in cars. They are usually very qualified to install carcams and are often reasonably priced. Had mine installed in Daytona Beach by Soundcrafters. Took them about 1 1/2 hours. Might want to give them a call to see if they could recommend someone in your area. Number is 386-761-8800. Ask for either the owner Pete, installer Auriel or manager Moe.

8. Crackem

Crackem Member

There is a place on 163rd st. Called Cartronics. I spoke to the owner and they are A Blackvue dealer/ installer but I'm still hesitant to be the first model X for them to install.

9. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

I have no personal experience or affiliation with this place but they do some awesome work. Check their website. They aren't in Dade/Broward but still a lot closer than Tampa.

http://www.technicar.com

10. modelx007

modelx007 Member

I am having mine installed next week by a shop in Margate. They installed my first blackvue on my S and now the X. His pricing is very reasonable.

A1 Car Stereo
    954-445-7642
    A1 Car Stereo
    1919 Mears Parkway
    Margate, FL 33063

11. First Impression

When interviewing shops for the installation of Blackvue cameras on Model Xs make sure you ask them how/what are they going to use to conceal the camera's power cables that run from the front camera up to the roof and from the rear camera back to the front camera. Last thing you want to get are some cables hanging off of your windshield or them trying to splice open the sealed factory channel that contains the cables for the sensors found by the mirror. If they come up with a good plan at a reasonable price (not cheap) than hire them. Don't just drop off your Model X without asking questions. I bring this up because we have already seen some very bad installations on Model Xs.

Camera installations in Model X isn't as simple as the Model S

12. sflecarfan

sflecarfan Member

First Impression sent you a private message, sure hope you can respond. Would love to work out a time possibly.