Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue Installers in South Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a 3.5 hour drive for me (not counting the supercharger stop in Ft. Myers), but don't think I haven't considered this! Approximately how long does it take to perform the installation? When I had my NVX Boost installed it took a full day (about eight hours, including a lunch hour break).

Still hoping someone can recommend an installer in the Dade or Broward area as well. Though I've had my X for several months now and I just may have to deal and drive to First Impression.

I recommend googling your area for a sound/audio company, which has a busy store front business, and installs audio systems in cars. They are usually very qualified to install carcams and are often reasonably priced. Had mine installed in Daytona Beach by Soundcrafters. Took them about 1 1/2 hours. Might want to give them a call to see if they could recommend someone in your area. Number is 386-761-8800. Ask for either the owner Pete, installer Auriel or manager Moe.

When interviewing shops for the installation of Blackvue cameras on Model Xs make sure you ask them how/what are they going to use to conceal the camera's power cables that run from the front camera up to the roof and from the rear camera back to the front camera. Last thing you want to get are some cables hanging off of your windshield or them trying to splice open the sealed factory channel that contains the cables for the sensors found by the mirror. If they come up with a good plan at a reasonable price (not cheap) than hire them. Don't just drop off your Model X without asking questions. I bring this up because we have already seen some very bad installations on Model Xs.

Camera installations in Model X isn't as simple as the Model S

When interviewing shops for the installation of Blackvue cameras on Model Xs make sure you ask them how/what are they going to use to conceal the camera's power cables that run from the front camera up to the roof and from the rear camera back to the front camera. Last thing you want to get are some cables hanging off of your windshield or them trying to splice open the sealed factory channel that contains the cables for the sensors found by the mirror. If they come up with a good plan at a reasonable price (not cheap) than hire them. Don't just drop off your Model X without asking questions. I bring this up because we have already seen some very bad installations on Model Xs.

Camera installations in Model X isn't as simple as the Model S

First Impression sent you a private message, sure hope you can respond. Would love to work out a time possibly.