Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BLE sensors on old Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I'm considering buying the winter tire kit but there are some contradictions. It explicitly says that they are not compatible with models prior to Chrome delete but then says that it is compatible with models from 2017 (in the italian version of the shop).

So i wonder if it is possible to use BLE pressure sensors on Model 3s prior to the chrome delete?

So i wonder if it is possible to use BLE pressure sensors on Model 3s prior to the chrome delete?

Not in the US it isnt (possible to use the Bluetooth TPMS with model 3s that did not come from the factory with bluetooth TPMS). No idea about internationally, but this does not seem to be the type of thing that would differ by country.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
Thank You both. I was thinking about BLE transceiver presence: it is already used on older model for passive entry, joypad (since latest firmware) and so on.
So my hope was: maybe they enabled pressure sensors communication, too.
Just a hope.. nothing more. :(

Not in the US it isnt (possible to use the Bluetooth TPMS with model 3s that did not come from the factory with bluetooth TPMS). No idea about internationally, but this does not seem to be the type of thing that would differ by country.
There is an official retrofit for them. It's also one of the few configuration items that can be changed with the public facing version of toolbox.

Looking through the retrofit instructions, it does seem like it's more or less a matter of installing the BLE sensors (or a set of wheels/tires with them preinstalled) and then updating the config.